✔ C h a p t e r 39

Why do i feel this book will be longer than i expected?

Jeno hastily walk with a steady pace, just nodding his head in every person who'll occasionally greet him while they stare at his retreating figure in confusion

His mind is hazy, full of befuddlement as he passes through the semi crowded halls to aim directly his desired destination.

The moment he reached the floor where the infirmary is, he run through the school's doctor, bowing his head courteously. "Miss, where is Chaerim?"

"I'm glad you're here Jeno, she's all good now, resting inside with two of her friends." The older female mumbled, giving him a pat. "Look after her, I'll be back after thirty minutes to check upon her."

"...okay, thanks" He nod unwillingly, watching the doctor incharge vanish before clutching his hand around the door knob.

Jeno tried to clear his mind but still manage to bang the door open effortlessly which startled every single person inside the room as they awe in shock and fear.

"Jeno?" Chaerim singsong, weakly smiling at him.

"Leave us alone." He sternly utter towards the two girls, authorization lingering his tune.

"What? Why?" She questioned with rasping tune, eyes boring on Jeno's infuriating one and him glancing around as her friends left the room with a clicking sound of closing door.

"What did you do?" Jeno began, more stoic than expected.

"What do you mean?"

"You know what i'm talking about Chaerim." His apathetic voice rang at the back of her ear, forcing herself to stand up as her bare feet met the coldness of the floor.

"Jeno~ I- i—"

"Don't try to walk near me, I might not control myself and forget that you're a friend of mine." He halt, motioning her to stop. "Don't try to defend yourself. What did you do?"

"W- why are you being like that Jeno? You're scaring me." She huff, gulping the clogging feeling building up her throat as shivers crawl through her spine.

His lips wrench into scowl, rolling his eyes at her drama. "Cut it! Are you that self-conscious that you have to hurt her, not just once but twice!?"

"Jeno i– I..." She huff, running a hand through her hair. "Okay... i maybe gone too far but look at me! They hurted me too!"

"You're so pathetic."

Taken aback, Chaerim appeared to be hurt at Jeno's sudden blurt of words, tears starts creeping down her cheeks as she frantically wipe it away.

"Do you know what you did? Do you know what might the consequences you may interfere?"

"Why?" She forced out a word, gulping the drying spit on her throat. "I get chastise for teaching her a lesson and you're here belittling me while they get away from hurting me. Does this justify that they have the rights to harm me?"