✔ C h a p t e r 3

Ahyi ran all the way to the rooftop to inhale fresh air but she ended up crying over and over again, making it more burdensome

She thought everything we'll be fine the moment she'll turn him down, but it feels like this wasn't satisfying at all especially because it was too much to handle.

Ahyi felt numb- soullessly staring at the ground because of tiredness. Just recalling the things she have done makes her sighs in despair.

It is so hard to admit that she almost fell on his trap.

She was so drowned on her thoughts when someone suddenly barges into the rooftop, startling Ahyi.

Jaemin rested his hands on his knees- breathing heavily in exhaustion.

He felt relieved seeing his friend in a good condition. "I was searching for you everywhere, Soomi is so worried about you!"

Ahyi sat up straight, wiping her face. She wiped her face, trying her best to look fine- not wanting to look weak in front of her friends.

Jaemin walked near her, grabbing her chin.
"Are you crying?"

"No" She shooked his hands, looking away to cover her face.

Jaemin sigh in disappointment, puzzled why the girl is feeling sad.

"I am sorry for what Jeno and my friends have done. I tried my best to stop them but It turns out that they continue to include you in their game. I am so sorry..." He murmured, guiltiness crawling over his voice as he sat beside the girl.

"It's okay Jaemin, I already said it to myself. I just wanted to confirm it so I asked Renjun. I didn't know this is going to be really painful, to know that all my suspicions are true, I- i just can't ab- absorb it" Ahyi laugh, pain evident on her voice.

"I trusted him, Jaemin. I still even feel so bad because I turned him down in front of many people, I can't just let him hurt me more–

Just thinking about the last time, Soomi and I saw him with another girl makes my heart clenched. I think that was enough reason to figure out his true intension." Jaemin pulled Ahyi into a hug, caressing her back to comfort her.

Jaemin doesn't want to pick a side but he felt bad for her, these things this will caused another burden to her. "Just let it out, I'm here to listen"

"Thank you Jaemin"
She mumbled, resting her head on his shoulders.

Both of them are unaware that behind the doors, Jeno is there watching their actions intently.

Flame burst into his heart, feeling angry about the fact that his best friend is with the girl who he wants but humiliated him.

"What a slut"
"I feel bad for her"
"She should transfer to a new school"
"I didn't know Jeno could do this"
"Jeno is powerful, he could do everything just to make her life a living hell"

Ahyi feels uneasy, walking in the middle of gossips. The day just started for her but it seems like it's already a bad day to start with.

She looked around, noticing fliers in almost everyone's hand that causing the chitchats.

In curiosity, she walked thru the main hallway, poster on the bulletin board makes her stutter in shock.

She ripped the poster harshly, crumpling it between her hands.

Her gaze roam around, glares from everyone burned holes on her, and that's when Jeno appeared in front of her sight, a smug plastered on his face.

Ahyi glared at the boy as she approached him, attacking him with a slap, but before her hand could even came in contact with his face, he immediately grabbed her hand- holding it tightly.

"I would be really nice, if you didn't make things harder." Jeno said whispering to her ears, letting her hands go by yanking it.

" Jeno said whispering to her ears, letting her hands go by yanking it