✔ C h a p t e r 8

"Can you help me here Jeno?"Ms

Ms. Ji called him from the other room, as she arrange the scattered papers and forms on her table.

Jeno agreed without hesitation, walking thru the teacher's faculty.

He organized the folders by dates like how he always does- stacking up the papers in a folder and putting it inside the drawer underneath the table.

Suddenly he accidentally saw an enveloped with Ahyi's name, curiously peeking on what's written on the papers.

A week has passed since that day but he still never saw Ahyi around the campus.

'Certificate of Permission to Transfer'
Thats what he saw when he opened the form.

"Ms. Ji, what is this about?"
Jeno curiously said, showing the papers on his hand.

"Oh- that, Ahyi gave that copy to me a week ago. She told me that she have decided to study overseas" Ms. Ji calmly mumbled, unaware that she's spoiling something big.

"Honestly, I will definitely miss that young lady around. She's fun to be with and she helps me a lot here. I hope everything will be fine for her now." Ms. Ji added

Jeno unconsciously stared at the paper, reading it again and again. Everything he heard is still not sinking in as hundred of thoughts flooded in his mind.

He didn't expect that she'll made up her mind in such a short time.

"You know what, Ahyi wanted to drop out months ago but I told her to just transfer in different school instead. That'll be less hassle for her-"

Jeno sprinted out of the room, leaving Ms. Ji in a utter of shock. He ran all the way through the lounge where his friends are, barging inside the room.

He exhaustedly gaze around the room, immediately reached for Jaemin when he spotted him, flooding the male with tons of questions.

"Do you know where Ahyi is? Did she tell you that she's going to leave and study abroad?"

"What?!"

"Always take care of yourself Ahyi. When you arrived there, treat your mother in a good way. Okay? I will miss my baby" Emma said, engulfing Ahyi into a warm hug

"You grown up into an independent lady, I'm so proud of you Ahyi" Her dad said, patting her head.

She felt empty and excited at the same time, breaking the hug- she consoled her mother repeatedly.

"Don't cry mom, I'm going to cry if I saw you crying. I promise to keep in touch with the both of you."

Ahyi shared a hugged with her dad too, kissing both of her parents on the cheeks- bidding them a farewell before entering the airport.

One last time she looked back to them- waving her hands, she smiled to prevent her tears to burst out and looking forward for new beginnings.

She sat on a chair to preparing herself for leaving the country alone. Ahyi checked for her belongings multiple times until her flight was called- ready for boarding.

Ahyi stood up, dusting herself. She went to the boarding gate when suddenly someone pulled her- forcing her to look back.

Her eyes widened, suprised that she saw a male she wasn't expecting at all. He is now standing in front of her- panting.

"Jeno?"

"You are leaving? How?" Jeno said, pain lingering on his voice. He placed his hands on her shoulders, making her looked at him.

Ahyi avoid his gaze, looking anywhere but him. "I considered to stay with my biological mom, everything is settled now. Maybe I'll start a new life there with her-"
She mumbled.

An announcement cut the both of them, signalling everyone that the flight needs to board in 10 minutes.

She yanked Jeno's hand away from her- turning around to grab for her suitcase. "I need to go"

Jeno embraced her tightly, he feels like everything will change the moment he'll let her go.

"Even if I tell you that I love you, would you still leave?"

The tears that Ahyi was holding back earlier burst- it feels burden to her, shooking her head she pushed him away

Their gaze met, looking deeply into each others eyes- Ahyi flashed a smile but it does not reach her eyes.

She breathe deeply, taking Jeno's hand to caress it.

"Don't you think you're being selfish? Give me some time to heal my wounded heart. If destiny wants us to meet again, we will definitely meet again.

But for now, please let me go.
Set me free Jeno" Ahyi said, sniffling

She looked him with cold eyes- turning her heals around to finally leave Jeno, walking away with a heavy heart