✔ C h a p t e r 43

"You said that?" Soomi gawk, bouncing on her seat– getting crazy after Ahyi told them what happen the other night

Jia on the other hand stop typing on her laptop, squinting her eyes as she lean interestedly near Ahyi. She was also surprised but obviously taking the news calmer than Soomi.

Wanting to ask more, Jia rubbed her temples, "but I really thought you like Jeno so you always stood against Chaerim." she pouted, confused. "and I basically want the both of you to be together."

"That's impossible Jia." Soomi huffed, rolling her eyes with disagreement.

Jia shrugged, "But isn't love sweeter the second time around."

Ahyi sigh in defeat, "As if I was looking for love." she mumble. "From what I have experienced, that's the least of my concern."

"Ehh" Soomi mutter. "But reasonable enough. You're just too friendly sometimes."

Ahyi scratches her head, stating whatever. Yet Jia was still intrigued by the interaction, not letting go the topic.

"After you told him you're both good. Did he just left?"

Shaking her head, Ahyi mumbles no, "We ate dinner all together and chit-chat for a bit before I had to take my medicine and fall asleep."

"No... I mean right after you said you're both good."

"Ah, I offered to shake his hand for formality." Ahyi recalled, rubbing her drying lips. "But... he insist on giving a hug. After all he was no different from you guys. We're all friends."

Jia hummed, "Sounds fishy to me but whatever."

"It's not unless you make it." Ahyi deadpans, "Anyways, where are they? I thought they'll be here any minute?" She mumble, looking at Soomi for confirmation.

Secretly checking her phone, Soomi shrugs, not having any idea.

"You're boyfriend haven't updated you?" Jia side-eyed, busy with the booth documentation.

"We're not dating." Ahyi and Jia looked at Soomi at the same time, both cocking a brow in disbelief. "Yet." Soomi added before the two say something. "We like each other but we haven't talk about it."

"That's sad." Jia unfiltered -ish mumble– opinion wasn't needed but has been babbled, "isn't that what happened between you and Jeno." She segue, poking fun of Ahyi.

"Stop bringing that back– spare me. I was sixteen." Ahyi rolled her eyes.

"But it's true." Jia snicker.

"I wasn't planning on denying it tho. It was true but it doesn't matter. I'm thru with that memory."

Soomi hummed interestedly, "So Jeno doesn't stand a chance anymore?"