Chapter 31

Chapter 31:

Melissa's POV:

"Sharon, Ryan kissed me." I blurted out and saw Sharon's expression change from joy she had been experiencing easrlier to fury as she listened to me, and it finally settled on a very hurt expression as tears fromed in her eyes.

"Sharon dont cry pleasE", I pleased, fidgeting with my fingers simultaneously.

Daniel's POV:

My day had started at a perfect note, with my dad calling me up and telling me that he would be coming over by evening, this time for a week. Even though I was beyond excited, hesitation was clear in my voice. Just like me, dad knew mom could give him some serious shit if she wanted to!

I think he knew what was on my mind because he tried his best to reassure me.

"Dan, I'v already made plans with your mom", he had said, so I was guessing they'd be on moderate behavior atleast!

I was really looking forward to this visit by dad. Even though living with mom was not a pain, living with dad still had its own fun. There were so many things I couldnt do with mom. Surfing, for example. 

Even though dad wasnt really a pro at surfing he did it for the fun of it, and because of the fact that it was a dad-son time, just like how I used to play football with him.

And honestly, I missed the take-outs we used to have for dinner. Mom literally made me eat vegetables every freaking day! I missed the Chinese and the pizza!

With these thoughts in mind I drove to school and patiently waited for Melissa.

The bell was about to ring and there'd been just no sign of Mel so far.

I texted her asing where she was but she replied asking me to go to the class as she would be late, probably by the second period.

Reluctantly I proceeded to the class, passing Mom'c class on the way. She was looking at her phone and smiling.

The day was definitely turning out to be WEIRD.

And the weirdest thing of all was that mom had been smiling since dad had told her that he would be coming over. But it was good weird, maybe they werent that uncompatible now!

The first half of the day was uneventful while I anxiously waited for the fourth class to end, and then I would finally meet Melissa.

I probably sounded like some guy who was totally whipped by his girl. but then that's how strong my feelings had been for Melissa.

Even though still young, I was sure that she was, and she is my one and Only.

Finally, the break rolled in and I am sure I must have been the first one to leave the class. Entering the cafeteria I gazed around looking for Melissa.

Just then my phone beeped with a text.

"Our spot" It said, and it was sent by Melissa.

Forgetting about lunch, my friends and all other things I rushed to the track area and found Melissa sitting cross legged next to our tree.

"Mel" I called as I walked towards her.

She only turned around and gave me a sad smile, without saying anything.

I sat down next to her and looked at her as she played with tiny blades of grass.

"What's wong?" I asked.

Silent sobs escaped her as she made no attempt to wipe the streams of tears flowing from her eyes.

"I... i told Sharon..." she muttered.

"You told her what?" I asked, patting her back gently.

"I told her that Ryan kissed me." she said, crying even harder.

"come here" I said, helping her to sit between my legs as I wrapped my arms around her, making her lean back against my shoulder, her head now resting on my shoulder.

I was sure noone would really be able to see us as our giant tree hid us pretty well.

I thought about Ryan and the conversation I had had with him. I remembered the way he had challenged me, that Mel would be his, and I shuddered at the thought. Ryan wasnt dating Sharon to make Mel jealous, right?

Ryan was a person with evil ways, but a person who knew his basics well.

Why hadnt i thought about this before?

Too busy with Melissa, my inner voice said.

Her whimpers brought me back to the present and I resumed to patting her back and coaxing her.

"It's okay..." i kept on repeating, trying to soothe her.

"She cried... and she called me a bitch to my face, said I was trying to steal her boyfriend... I wouldnt have cared if anyone else would have said that to me, but Sharon said that... That one word stung on to me like anything, like venom..." At this she stopped and chuckled, gazed at me and said, "I am being too melodramatic, aint I?" I grinned at her and muttered a soft sort of.

The next half hour was spent by telling her about my dad and my mom's cheerful mood. None of us wanted to go back to class.

And I had been able to convince Mel that Sharon needed time to cool down and she'd talk to Mel when she would.

I didnt mention my doubts of Ryan dating Sharon only to make Mel feel jealous. Now was not the time...

Ryan's POV:

Sharon had not been answering my phone since last night.

Everything was going according to the plan, she had completely fallen for me and I knew she would be telling Mel the same.

As soon as Mel would hear about it she would come back to me running, I was sure.

Yes I knew what I was doing with Sharon was wrong, but I had no other choice.

And so I went to Sharon's place next morning to pick her up, as per our routine.

Waiting for the door to open I was humming a soft tune when the door opened and before I could even look up someone slapped me right across my face.

"Go stick your tongue in Melissa's mouth. Get the hell out of here" Sharon spat and closed the door on my face.

Shit.

|A/N: Hey everyone, been a long time, right?

I am looking for an editor, please inbox me if anyone wants to help out!

Vote/comment! :D|