Chapter 18:

Chapter 18:

 | Author's note: Hi! Doing so many POVs at a time is confusing for me as well as for you, I understand. Please ask me incase you have any queries. I hope you are satisfied with the story, please feel free to make any suggestions, or to provide constructive criticism!

Please vote and comment! :D|

Chapter 18:

Ryan's POV:

"Yes Charlie, I am not joking, I really did meet Melissa." I said, clutching the phone closer to my ear.

Since the 'incident' last year, this was the longest conversation Charlie had made with anyone. Yes even though he didn't cry, or throw tantrums, or get into fights, he rarely talked. He played with my cousins, alright, but he only talked when he was supposed to answer, only one word answers. The situation was no different in school. His teacher tried just as hard as my aunt and me, but we had gotten no success.

And now, just mentioning Melissa had triggered off something in him, he was so happy and excited. 

"When can I meet her?" he asked me in a chirpy tone.

I was so shocked that I was about to drop the phone on the ground.

Charlie hated socializing, like really detested meeting people. We even had to force him to go to granny's last year, or to the mall on his birthday. 

He hadn't been to a single party or sleepover since last year. "I am not in the mood" or "I am tired" would be the response always.

"Whenever you want Charl." I said, chuckling.

"Ask aunt to drive me over Ryan, please!" Charlie cried.

"Well, why dont you come over this weekend Charlie?" I asked him enthusiastically.

"Are you sure?" He said, sounding the happiest he hadn;t in the longest time.

"Yeah. Yeah i mean I am sure Melissa is also mega excited to meet you!" I said, actually meaning it. Melissa really was concerned about Charlie and would really look forward to meeting him if I told her that he would be coming over on the weekend.

Melissa's POV:

A. Date. With. Daniel.

And a proper real date! God, I was so excited that I could literally burst. I really had a hard time maintaing my composure in front of Daniel and pretending that it really was no big dea, when in fact, it had been the biggest!

After school I danced my way home and found an anxious Sharon waiting outside, pacing the driveway. In everything that had been happening I had totally forgotten that I had to tell her everything that was going on with Daniel and Ryan.

When Sharon saw me coming she crossed both of her arms and pouted her lips slightly to show me that she was annoyed with me.

"Hey Sharon" I said as I practically skipped over to where she was standing. Yeah, I was that cheerful!

"Hey yourself!" She said, but didnt smile. God, she really must be pissed.

"Um... I know you are very pissed and you have all the reason to be. Lets go in and talk, okay?" I said.

"No need! I'm waiting for an explanation, you know!" She smugged.

I grabed her by her arm and pulled her in. Once inside I let the door shut and made my way to my room where I knew Sharon would automatically follow.

I propped down on the bed and dumped my bag on the table.

I heard a knock on the door. Now the game was turning out to be really annoying. I mean, she really was taking it too far. Knocking was overboard. I opened the door and glared at her. She on the other hand smiled, shoved past me and settled down on the bed.

"Speak!" She ordered.

"Okay..." I said while placing the chair in front of the bed and settling down on it.

"Um... I know Ryan from last summer... I used to babysit his younger brother..." I started telling her the story I had previously narrated to Daniel at the party.

But, I skipped the part where I had to tell her why he moved away, it wasn't my place to tell her. Ryan would, eventually. Oh, and I also skipped the part where I used to have feelings for him last summer. The feelings weere far gone, and there was no point in bringing up the topic again!

Sharon did not say anything, she just listened to what I had to say quitely and nodded and hmmed at the appropriate times. In the end she just acted like it had been a normal instance I had been narrating, and nothing to worry about!

Sharon stayed for dinner and we cooked some really tasty noodels which was a fantastic treat for dad. He absolutely loved noodels!

I also told her about my friday's date with Daniel and she seemed really happy for me. She promised she would come over after school and would help me decide clothes and stuff. The excitement had started building in all over again, and it took everything in me to actually not go around town shrieking, so much so that my dad too realized this attitude and got to know about my date.

Finally after what seemed like a good hour past midnight I jumped onto the bed and got some sleep, only to be woken up by a sound of something hitting the window pane, like something had hit it.

I got up and flickered the light on. I looked out the window only to find him standing down next to a ladder help up against the wall.