Chapter 09

Chapter 09:

I woke up at 8 on a Saturday morning, thanks to Sharon's phone call.

"Hey Mel. Whatsup?"

"Ughh... What do you want Sharon?" I asked, still in the sleep mode.

"It is such a bright day today, you dumb person! Get off the bed and go to the park or something..." She said, excited.

"I'm not a kid!" I whined.

"Shutup. Ryan's organising a party today at his place. 7 pm, you have to be there!" She said.

"I wont know anyone there, except for both of you. I dont wanna come." I protested.

"I dont care. Oh, and no stag entry. Ryan has also arranged for a boxer who wont let you in without a guy, or a girl if you confess to be lesbian."

"Yeah I get it." I muttered.

"See you at 7!" She said and hung up.

I went to sleep again.

I woke up around 11:30 and made my way to the kithcen for some breakfast. I put some cornflakes in a bowl of milk and started munching on them.

Looking out the window, I realized Sharon was actually right, it indeed was a really bright day.

I changed into my running attire, took my ipod and went to the nearest park.

I started running, jogging actually and took a stop after about ten minutes. 

I heard my phone ring with the Moves Like Jagger ringtone, which was pretty loud by the way!

A smile came over my face when I saw Daniel's name flashing on the screen.

"Hey Daniel." I said.

"Hey Mel. What you doing?" He asked, his voice kind of chirpy.

"I'm out for a run in the park." I said.

"And you are in the park till...?" He asked.

"Um, it's a bright day today, so probably an hour or something..." I said.

"I'm gonna pull over in ten." He declared.

"Okay. See you then!" I said.

I hung up and resumed my running.

After exactly ten minutes I saw Daniel coming over to me from a distance.

"Hey Mel!" He said.

"Hey you!" I said, and he gave me a hi-five.

Yeah, we were that weird kind of friends.

"Bright day, eh?" He said.

"Um... Why are we talking like we are on a blind date?" I said.

He chuckled.

The sound of his chuckle was like a waterfall, divine, peaceful, and nothing in the world could match that.

His eyes sparkeld even when he smiled. His lips formed such a perfect curve as he smiled. His lips... I had often wondered how it would feel when

his lips would touch mine. Just thinking about it sent shiver all along my spine. I had often sat for a long time thinking when it would happen...

I guess I faced out for a bit too long as the next thing I saw was Daniel pinching me.

"Ow! What was that for?" I winced.

"Mel back to earth!" Daniel shrugged.

I hit him on the arm playfully.

"Do you wanna have ice cream?" He asked.

"Do you even need to ask?" I said.

He laughed and we headed to the ice cream stall.

"One chocolate chip please..." I said.

"Make that too!" Daniel said and handed him some Benjamins.

"You like Chocolate Chip?" I asked.

"Why does it surprise you?" He said.

"Um, never mind. Let's just enjoy the ice cream." I said and he smiled.

We went and sat on the nearby bench with our respective cones. We were only casually talking when I felt something cool been shoved on my nose.

Shocked, I saw Daniel shoving his ice cream in my nose and sticking out his tongue at me.

As soon as I began to retaliate Daniel broke into a run.

With one hand on my nose and one hand carrying my ice cream I ran after him. I dont think he was an athlete because I caught up with him pretty soon.

I was only behind him when I pushed him and he landed on the grass.

BUT, before he hell, he pulled me down as well.

As a result, we are on the grass with our ice creams in our hands, laughing like mad people.

I took this oppurtunity to take my revenge and shove the ice cream on his face. But, at the last minute I realized how much I loved chocolate chip.

I had a better plan.

"What? You not gonna take revenge?" Daniel asked, bewildered.

"Nah, I love chocolate chip just too much." I said and smirked.

"Uh..." 

Both of us got up and Daniel stood behind me. As he took a step forward, i tangled his foot into mine and made him fall. Again.

THis time I was the only one laughing.

I waited for him to get up and then started running out of there. But just as soon as I had broke into a run, I felt two hands holding me by the waist and 

spinning me around.

"I admit I'm not an athlete, but I know how to run, you know!" He smirked and put me down.

We walked out of the park and Daniel asked if I wanted him to drop me home. I said sure.

We were driving towards my house with he windows rolled down.

"Um Daniel?" I asked.

"Yeah?" 

"Sharon's boyfriend Ryan is hosting this party tonight and I am invited. But, stags not allowed..." I was saying when I was cut midway.

"Are you asking me out Mel?" Daniel raised his eyebrows at me.

"You never know Mr. Ernstwell. I could as well be tricking you to get better grades." I said and winked.

Both of us broke into a laugh.

"So, will you come?" I asked.

"I'll pick you up at 7!" He said.

We reached home a bit too soon, or so I thought!

I got out of the car.

"See you soon!" I said, and he waved before he drove off...

The party... with Daniel as my date... Our first date...

But wasn't our time in the park a date as well?

 |Author's Note: Please vote/comment. It would mean alot! :)|