Chapter 36

Chapter 36:

Melissa's POV:

The dream ended just too soon.

I dreamt that I slept wrapped around Daniel's arms. I dreamt that he kissed my forehead and that he said everything would be fine soon. I dreamt that he patted my back 

as I blabbered on and on about everything that I had been feeling. I dreamt that he had asked me to sleep, that he had said that I really needed the sleep.

I woke up to fresh hair blasting into my room through the open window. Wasn't the window closed?

Not giving it much thought I went into the washroom to freshen up. I entered the washroom and stared at the mirror as I tried to make sense of what had happened.

On the mirror had been drawn an arrow pointing to my cabinet with a smiley face under the arrow.

I opened my cabinet and found one of Daniel's hoods with a stick up note on it.

"Your hands clutched the hood's pockets, didn't have the heart to wake you up.

Had to leave before your father woke up, or mine for that matter.

Goodmorning beautiful,

D"

A grin formed on my face as the events of last night came flooding back.

I recalled that after I had come out of the washroom I flicked the light on and Daniel had been sitting on the edge of my bed. He sat there casually, like him being in 

my room at night without anyone knowing was not a big deal.

I remember literally jumping into his arms as the familiar warmth and comfort had swept through me.

With the memories of last night and a big smile on my face I got ready and hopped down for breakfast.

The phone had been ringing off the hook since the past ten minutes, and I had been expecting dad to receive the call. Guess he was too busy...

I entered the living room and picked up the phone.

"Hello?" I said.

"Mel? Where were you since so long? I'v been calling for an hour! Do you know I got so worri-" Mark's tensed voice greeted me.

"Mark get over it already. It's been only ten minutes. And yes, a serial killer just broke into the house, he is looking for all the valuables and right now he has a 

knife up my throat and is planning to kill me with as less blood loss as possible. All this is happening as I speak to you." I teased.

"And the badass you are you'll just kick him where the sun doesn't shine and run off, oh and you'll drag dad along, right?" Mark said and chuckled.

"You know me so well big brother!" I said.

"Um.. Mel listen... Um.. Rachel and I decided on a wedding date..." Mark said, hesitating slightly.

"Mark, it is YOUR wedding. Why are you so hesitant in telling me this? You are marrying Rachel, not killing her!" I said.

"Well yeah, isn't that the same thing?" He said and chuckled.

"Very funny Mark. The date?" I asked, tapping my foot in anxiety.

"30th November. I think it's the perfect time for the wedding, she thinks so too." Mark said, happiness clear in his voice.

"Hold on." I said as I stepped away from the phone and called out to dad.

"Dad are we free on 30th?" I shouted.