Chapter 03

Chapter 03:

The day seemed to pass by as a blur but Daniel's face was stuck in my mind as a movie on pause.

he really was hot, there was no denying it!

But he was the son of the teacher I hated with all the tissues of my being. He literally was a sonovabich.

"Woah, aint you going just too overboard on this Melissa" I muttered to myself taking a deep breath.

Great! First I spot someone sitting on my spot, then I call a woman a rel bitch in front o her son, then I cant help but think how hot her son is,

and if that is not enough I freaking start talking to myself!

"Way to go Melissa!" I muttered under my breath.

Uh-oh, I did that again, didnt i?

Before I went to bed I showered and changed into my most comfortable Bugsbunny pyjamas and settled down on my bed starting with my homework.

It was around half past ten when I heard the door bell. I stood up with a start and made my way downstairs wondering who would it be at this hour.

Dad had come home a couple of hours earlier so it wasnt him on the door.

I could hear dad snoring on the couch totally unaffected by the door bell. I was about to wake him up but just brushed the thought off my mind.

I am 16, I can handle a door bell, I thought to myself.

I peeked in through the hole and beamed as I saw it was Mark.

Wait, was Mark supposed to come? Nobody in this house tells me anything anymore!

I opened the door, and Mark was as happy to see me as I was.

We hugged and he spun me around.

"Hey Mark!" I said ecstatically. I was genuinely happy to see him.

"Hey Mel!" He beamed. "You'v got kinda heavy now!" He said with a coy expression on his face.

I nudged him playfully.

"So, kinda surprise visit?" I asked him as he put me down.

His expression turned slightly serious.

"Well, I was just missing you guys. It had been a while since I saw you and dad." He said, and smiled at me.

"Too sweet for a 21 year old, dont you think?" I said and smirked.

He hit the back of my head and I rolled my eyes at him.

We then made our way to the living room where both of us went to dad until we were only inches apart from his ear and shouted together.

Dad woke up with a start and stared at us wide eyed.

He took some time to digest the whole situation, especially the fact that Mark was here as well.

Dad patted Mark on the shoulder as we all settled down in the living room.

"You know even though I look as young as ever, I still have a vulnerable heart." Dad said, rubbing his eyes from suddenly waking up from his sleep.

"Yeah dad. We'll keep that in mind the next time." Mark said and rolled his eyes at him.

"So, sudden appearence Mark?" Dad enquired.

"Yeah... It had been long..." Mark shrugged.

We all looked at each other in silence for a couple of minutes. Initially I used to feel very weird but now I have gotten used to this silence.