Chatper 30

Chapter 30

Melissa's POV:

My mouth hung open and my breathing came to a halt for a couple of seconds. Daniel stood in front of me, holding a potrait of me. I gasped because I couldn't believe such a talent existed, I gasped because I couldnt believe it was me, it had been painted with such beauty, such elegance, it had me leaning against the bark of a tree with ipod earphones plugged in.

My hair were messed up, probably because of the wind, my eyes very distant but my lips curved into a smile. I'd always knew that I was not bad looking, but this potrait made me think high about myself, it made me FEEL pretty.

Finally closing my mouth, I beamed at Daniel and hugged him tight, obviously being careful with the potrait.

"Thankyou Daniel, this is like, the prettiest thing anyone has ever showed me!" I said.

"I'm glad you liked it" he said, smiling at me.

"Liked it? Nah, I loved it!" I said and kissed him on the cheek.

**********

3 ice creams later Daniel dropped me home and I had to almost drag myself up to my room.

Dumping my bag on the ground I headed straight towards the washroom to change into sweats and t shirt.

As soon as I had made myself comfortable on my bed I heard the doorbell ring.

I groaned as I descended the stairs and opened the door.

Sharon greeted me with a beam and a big long tight hug.

"How have you been?" She asked, still hugging me.

Sharon and I had last met about two weeks ago when we had all gone to the park. Then she had caught the flu and well, we just couldn't meet.

I still felt awkward seeing her, porssibly because I had still hand't told her about what had happened between Ryan and me.

"I am awesome!" i said, still feeling overwhelmed about the earlier happenings of the day.

It's been so long since we talked" she said, heading up the stairs to my room.

I grabbed the juice carton and a packet of chips and followed Sharon.

"I have so much to tell you" said Sharon, clapping her hands together like a toddler.

"You may start" i said, making a tearing noice as I opened the packet of chips.

"Okay. Ryan and I are going on just fantastically. I mean, pikcing me up for school even though my house is out of his way, he meets me so often, actually lets me talk to Charlie, surprises me, calls or texts every morning... Melissa honestly, earlier I thought that Ryan was just not interested, and even though I'd never thought I'd tell you this but I am now, I thought he liked you."

I spat the juice out.

Sharon honestly thought at one time that Ryan liked me? What is she knew?

No, she couldnt possibly know otherwise she wouldnt have been here telling me all this, right?

I coughed hysterically as she patted my back.

"Mel you fine?" She asked, her voice filled with concern.

"Yes" I managed to choke out.

"You choked as if you know he actually liked you" she said.

My eyes grew wide even though I tried my best to hide the surprised expression from my face.

"Um, no... not at all. He doesnt like me. Why would he? He is only a friend. Besides, he is YOUR boyfriend, he likes you..."

I went on as I cursed myself under my breadth for I had the habit of blabbering when I was nervous.

"Exactly my point. He is my boyfriend and so it is obvious that he likes me. besides, considering the way he had been behaving recently I think he more than likes me. All the guys I dated in the past were total jerks, he is the first ever decent guy I have ever dated, with flowers and all. And you know how much I like that stuff, that's a complete turn on!

His name instantly brings a smile on my face, I dall for him each day Melissa, he says I am the best thing that's ever happened to him, he says I'v made him a better person." Sharon said, smiling and going all red in the face.

My eyes welled with tears as her words sunk in. Ryan really said all that to her? I think he might as well told her about hsi sister and his reason for moving... He was never a very open person, he had never been a man of many words and here he was saying all these things to Sharon?

Not even a month ago had he kissed me saying that he was in love with me, and now, all of a sudden Sharon's the best thing that's ever happened to him?

What I felt was not jealousy, I was sure of that. With Daniel with me I would never feel jealous of someone else's relationship. But it still felt weird, as if my judgement about Ryan had been wrong all along, that he was simply playing with Sharon's heart.

And so what I did next was not to ease the guilt that had been building inside me while Sharon went on about how perfect her relationship with Ryan was, but because I wanted to protect my best friend by telling her everything so that she could ultimately decise what was good for her.

"Sharon, Ryan kissed me" I blurted out, and saw Sharon's expression change from joy she had been experiencing earlier to fury as she listened to me, and it finally settled on a very hurt expression as tears formed in her eyes.