Chapter 04

Chapter 04:

Why did I study algebra again? It certainly didnt hold any value, did it?

No matter how hard i crammed my head into it, i would never be able to score a good grade... not that I cared! But my dad did, care I mean, that too alot! Atleast enough to ground me for the weekend.

I worked my head out for the next forty five minutes and then finally the bell for the next class rang.

I rushed to the hallway towards my locker. I opened the locker only to be greeted by a smell so obnoxious that it could almost knock me out. With wrinkled nose and a disgusted expression I scanned the locker to find the source of the smell.

I found a sock filled with the contents of stale eggs.

Obviously I knew who was behind this absolutely gross prank, if only they considered it that! I knew the cheerleaders didnt even deserve the slightest bit of my attention, but there was no way I would leave them on their own.

I searched my locker for my things I would need and made my way to the gym...

Luck was on my side that the gym wass empty. I made my way to the bleachers where I knew the cheerleaders would be sitting in the next class. 

I took the screw driver out pf my back pocket and worked my way through the screws.

Thanks to the fact that I lived with two males, I knew the basis of carpentary pretty well.

I loosened the screws just enough so that the bleacher would collapse just as soon as someone placed their butt on it. It better be the cheerleaders falling on 

their butt, and not someone else, I hoped as I left the gym.

The next class had already begun about 15 minutes ago and I couldnt enter just right in the middle. So I made my way to the area along the track and sat under my favourite tree. This time I was neither frustrated nor upset. Infact, I was rather pleased with my doings. This definitely was payback time! Today I had only come

to pass time till the next class started. I leaned on the bark of the tree and closed my eyes for a while.

I think I was about to drift into sleep when I heard low sounds of someone whistling. I craned my head to see where had it been coming from.

Unable to spot anyone, I looked up and in an instant I knew where the sound had been coming from.

Daniel's POV

It was one of those days when I missed my life in California to such an extent that I could literally take the next flight and run back home.

"Home", yeah just how cosy and comfortable the word was!

California had comparibly better weather, better surroundings, better places to hang out with... California altogether gave me a better feeling. On top of it,

Dad was so much fun as well! I mean, rarely did he tell me to clean my room or to keep my shoes and socks in place. Life was so much easier with him.

And my friends, I missed them so much, especially Mike.

Surfing almost the entire summer, crashing at each other's place without invitation, that was HOME.

Not that mom's not nice, mom is just a bit serious... More than required. It is kind of hard to live easy with her, she dictates me which is very irritating at

times. Yeah mom's really considerate and disciplined and smart, but we need to have a little fun, right?

I dont know, as far as I remember mom wasnt so serious earlier, just after their separation did her behavior change...

Their separation, another bitter memory I didnt want to remember...

Trying to get all these thoughs off my mind I put in my earphones and started listening to my Ipod.

I was whistling along with "Whistle by Flo-Rida" when a tiny stone hit me.

I look down to see who it was and a small smile formed on my lips when I saw it was Melissa.