Chapter 11

Chapter 11:

Melissa's POV:

I stared at the house dumbfounded. Never in my wildest dreams had I ever imagined that I would land up here again, after all those efforts I made to move on...

So many memories were attached to this house, and not even once had I even bothered to ask Sharon Ryan's full name... If only I knew I would come face to face with him....

I could feel tears forming in the corner of my eyes as the images of us sitting on the swing came rushing back... And all those things I had wanted to say to him that day, that last time that I met him...

"Mel, are you okay?" I heard Daniel's faint voice in the background.

No, I am not. I want to run away from here, I wanted to scream.

"Uh..." was the only sound my throat managed to choke.

"Melissa!" Daniel called out again, grabbing my hand and shaking it violently.

"Huh? What?" I said, coming back to my senses.

"What is wrong? Is there a problem? SHall we return?" He asked.

Just then my phone rang and I saw Sharon's number flashing on the screen. I picked up and she literally had to shout in order to ask me where was I.

"Um, Daniel's just parking the car." I said and hung up.

I quitely got out of the car and Daniel came and stood along with me.

I took a deep breadth and started walking towards the house.

I clenched onto Daniel's hand and he just smiled at me.

We entered the interiors of the house where the party was in full swing. Girls and guys danced to the songs and most of the corners were booked for mushy couples taking all the benefit they could of the available alcohol and the dim lighting.

From a distance I saw Sharon coming towards us with a smile plastered on her face. She wore a short denim skirt and a tunic, and she did look good.

"Hey Mel! I'm glad you could make it. I really want you to meet Ryan. And I am guessing this is... um... Daniel?" She said, all smiling.

"Sharon, this is Daniel. Daniel, this is my best friend Sharon." I said.

"Hi Sharon. Well, you look pretty good" Daniel said and winked at her.

"Wow! Back off pretty boy, I already am taken." Sharon said, laughing.

She then took my hand and led me through the crowd.

"I am so excited that you will finally meet Ryan. I'v been dying to get your opinion on him, you will aboslutely love hima nd will approve of him without a doubt!" Sharon said.

"Oh, believe me I am sure." I muttered.

We ushered through the crowd and reached what I was sure was the kitchen. I remembered each and every part of this house, thanks to running after both of them so well. That couch where we all used to sit and watch movies, snuggled and almost clinging to each other, I had so many happy memories of this place that it almost hurt to be here right now. We reached the kitchen and I fetched myself a glass of coke while Sharon got lost somewhere. 

"Do you not remember that you brought me to a party where I know no one, and you just left me there?" Daniel startled me as he whispered in my ear.

I turned around in a state of shock.

I chuckled and apologized. 

"And do you know just how many girls were checking me out, and some even trying to make out with me?" he said, smirking.

"Yeah right, I am so jealous." I said, but at the back of my mind I still had the images of when I used to visit the house earlier, just a year back.

I had spend almost all of my last year here, having fun with all of them... Even though it didnt really end well, but, I was happy cherishing only the memories.

"There you are!" Sharon said, approaching us along with Ryan.

Ryan Spencer, the guy I had owed my present character to. My mouth went dry and my mind went blank, and my vision got blurred as tears welled up in the corners of my eyes. His brunette hair were a bit short and his eyes had a certain kind of coldness in them, like they had seen things that weren't meant for him, his age. His muscles never seemed to relax now, and his built showed like he had worked out alot. It seemed to me like he experienced a drastic growth spurt.

The times when we hugged, the times when he held me and spun me around, the times when I playfully hit him and all the times when he pulled my cheeks which made me growl.

It seemed like a movie was going on in front of me, it was all so clear, so close, at the reach of a hand.

They all seemed like incidents of yesterday, and it took all my strength to control the tears from flowing down freely.

"Um, Melissa, this is Ryan, Ryan this is Melissa, my best friend." Sharon said.

Ryan seemed just as shocked as I was, but he was way better at hiding it.

I managed to choke out a silent greeting and turned to Daniel to distract myself.

"Um, Daniel, let's go out for a while, okay? Sharon, Ryan, I'll see you guys around." I said and turned around to leave.

I tugged Daniel's arm, I needed all the support I could to not collapse.

"Oh Daniel, I so wish I wasn't here." I said once we were out in the front porch.

"What's the problem babe?" Daniel asked, looking very concerned.

"Well..." I bit my lip and looked at him with sadness evident in my eyes...

|Author's Note: Thankyou all for going on with the story. It measn alot. :)|