Chapter 28

|Author's note: I am sorry I was gone for so long, it was the festive season and that kept me busy.

Festivals :D

I am sorry, this chapter is VERY short, I am just stuck and dont really know where and how to proceed. :(|

Chapter 28:

Melissa's POV:

Things have been so much better since the last so many days. It's been two weeks since my frist date with Daniel happened, and we are going on good. 

True, we are still getting to know each other and I need a little patience with him, with him being very childish and stubborn, but I sure have faith in us.

Daniel made it a point to pick me up for school atleast thrice a week and we went out after school whenever it was possible. His name never fails to bring a smile on my face. And so I was smiling like a complete idiot when I saw Daniel coming towards my table during lunch at school.

My heart performed summer-saults as Daniel smiled at me and winked. Even with all that distance between us he had such an effect on me!

Jake punched me lightly on the shoulder and muttered in my ear, "Your oh-so boyfriend is here", and I only stuck my tongue out at him.

"Hey guys!" Daniel greeted reaching on the table.

"Can I join you guys?" he asked looking at everyone on the table.

"Sure" Lea said and smiled.

Daniel took the seat beside me and wrapped his arm around my waist, pulling me closer to him.

"Hey babe!" He whispered, almost into my ear, sending chills down my spine.

He then kissed on my cheek.

'Babe', the way he said this, it was causal but it was only meant for me, it was special, it radiated possession, and most of all, it always made my heart flutter.

"Hi", I managed to mumble. 

"Your cheeks are red" Daniel stated, and I think on hearing this I must have blushed an even darker shade of red.

"Awww, look at you two, all shy and blushing..." Jake's voice interrupted us. I spared a glance at Daniel and saw that he was not blushing, only smiling at me.

I turned over to Jake and raised my eyebrows at him,

"What?"

"You!" I said.

"Me? I know I am very hot!"

"The hottest one around" I muttered under my breadth.

"I heard that!" Jake said and chuckled.

Just then the bell rang, signalling us to get back to the class.

"And I heard that!" I said, referring to the bell."

"I'll walk you to your next class" Daniel said, holding my hand.

We were walking along the corridoor, hand in hand and I couldnt help but grin like a mad person. A couple of months ago, or last year to be more precise, I used to walk along the same corridoor and seeing couples walking like this, hand in hand, gave me such a disgusting feeling. Yes you are together, but do you really want to practice so much of PDA?!

And now, look at me, holding hands with my boyfriend in school.

Practice what you preach, I thought to myself."

Stroking the back of my hand gently with his thumb Daniel asked me,

"What are you thinking?" 

"Hmmm, nothing too important." I said, shrugging.

"It definitely is something, tell me..." He said.

"Its like, when I used to see these couples walking with their boyfriends and girlfriends in the corridoor, it used to piss me off big time. I used to think that was it really necessary to show people just how in love you are?" I said.

Daniel laughed and then gazed at me for a moment.

"Mel, do you like holding hands?" He asked.

What kind of a question was this? Of course I loved holding Daniel's hand, it gave me a kind of a reassurance, and it made me feel happy.

I stared at my feet and mumbled, "Yes I do." 

"Why?" He asked, and I could hear the smirk in his voice.

"What do you mean by why? I just do!" I said.

He only looked at me, with a commanding look which told me to proceed.

"Well, it feels good for starters. It gives me a reassurance, and um... it makes me feel happy. Besides, that's what a couple's supposed to do right?" I said, and gave him a half smile.

"See? That's the entire point why other people hold hands with their boyfriend or girlfriend. True, some of them only want to flaunt, but others? They like holding hands with them, it radiates love and the feeling of togetherness. and as you said, that's what couples are supposed to do!" He said, and winked.

Wait, did he just say it radiates love? that holding hands radiates love? Were we radiating love? Daniel and I? Love was such a heavy word. Yeah.

With these very thoughts in mind we reached my next class, which was with his mother.

"Melissa, are you free after school today?" Daniel asked, with a hopeful look on his face.

"Yeah I am" I replied.

"Can you come over today? My placE?" He asked.

"Sure, but, um... something, um... specific?" I asked, hesitantly. From the time Daniela nd I have been dating I've only been to his place once, that too not under very pleasent circumstances. 

it was correct that Mrs. Ernstwell had developed a slight liking towards me, but it would still be very weird.

"Yeah, i have to, uh... show you something." He said.

"Okay, so I'll meet you at the parking lot after classes..." I said.

"I'll be waiting outside your class." He said and turned around to leave.

.... And I entered the class with a big smile on my face.

I love Daniel.

Wait, LOVE?