Chapter 08

Chapter 08:

Melissa's POV

Since the past few days the weather had just been perfect for running. Mrs. Ernstwell still annoyed the hell out of me but I tried not answering back, maybe because

she was Dan's mom or because I knew she was irritated because she separated from her husband.

I dont really know.

But other than that, school was better than it had been since a long time.

Sharon and Ryan were going good, and judging from what Sharon told me about the meetings, Ryan really did have genuine feelings for her.

Matt had gone back to college, and his reason for coming over all of a sudden was still unknown.

Unexpectedly Dan and I had become really good friends. We had exchanged numbers and we kept on texting whole day.

We shared only homeroom class which was our first of the day.

I had my English class going on when Dan texted me.

*Mel, I'm so bored. I hate history.*

*Tell me about it. But I still think History is better than Math!*

*That's cause you suck at Math!*

*That makes me hate it even mo-* I quickly sent it.

As it turns out, this was the last as Mrs. Ernstwell caught me texting.

"Miss Melissa, can you tell us what's so interesting under that desk of yours?" SHe snapped at me.

"Um..." I couldnt say anything, because I couldnt think of an excuse to match the situation.

"I would appreciate it if the class avoids texting while in class." She said and come over to my desk.

She stretched her hand and looked at me.

I placed my phone in her hand.

"Sorry." I said as she tunred away.

After 20 more minutes of torture English was finally over!

I went over to where Mrs. Ernstwell was sitting and said,

"Um... Mrs. Ernstwell, I am sorry, um... it wont happen again." I said.

She give me back my phone but looked at me questioningly.

"It had to be a very important person if you risked texting in the class, especially my class. Who was it?" She said, glaring at me.

I thought for a while...

"Your son!" I smirked, as I turned around to leave.

The last thing I saw was her mouth hung open and she staring into space.

Hah! That's what you get for being so rude to me Mrs. Ernstwell.

I exited the class and saw Daniel leaning against the wall.

"Why weren't you replying?" Dan asked.

"'Cause your mom caught me texting?" I said.

"Oh shit." He muttered under his breath.

"Forget about it." I said.

He walked me to my next class.

As he was about to turn around and walk away I called out.

"Um... Dan? I told your mom that it was you I was texting..." I said, kind of guilty.

He looked at me for a while and give me a faint smile. He then turned around to leave.

The rest of the day dragged on and on...

I had my track practice after school.

Till the time I reached home I was pretty worn out, but I still had the urge to text Dan and talk to him.

*Hey! I hope your mom didnt say much.*

*Um, not exactly. She cannot control who I talk to, can she?*

*Hmm, but I am still sorry.*

*Dont worry about it Mel.*

*Yeah okay. Your mom hates me right?*

*Nah she doesnt. You are just not her favourite person right now...*

*Yeah right. Anyway, I am just too tired to get bored talking to you. Mind if I talk to you tomorrow?*

*Bored, eh? I'm gonna make you regret saying this Mel! :P*

*Sure Daniel. Bye*