That impossible, impossible girl.

Author here, and yes, I'm still alive, at least mostly, and I am still writing on this, I have in no way abandoned it, I'm just stuck on an upcoming fight scene and stressed because life's a b*tch and then you die. Okay, perhaps I'm a little melodramatic; honestly, I'm fine. I've been sick for a few weeks (not Corona, I was tested), is slightly stuck in the story(fighting is hard), is stressing about a possible upcoming internship and my weirdo rabbit, who likes to made sounds like he's sick just to get attention, so I never know if he's actually sick. Other than that I'm perfectly fine and just tend to forget that I haven't uploaded the chapter that I've already written(don't tell anyone, but I'm doing the exact same thing with the sequel to Angels Without Wings, where I'm several chapters in, admittedly I'm a little worried that that one is going a tad too fast and might need some slowing down). Anyway, enjoy this chapter, while I catch a couple of hours of sleep. <3

???????'s pov:

It'd gone like h*ll ever since we arrived in Suna, Leader-sama had us accompany him to some peace meeting, and ever since this morning it's just gone terrible; I kept tripping and slipping on and over everything, there was worms and toothpaste in my food, and suddenly I had pink hair! Straight up pink hair!

I'd tried confronting Sasori-danna, of course, but he refused any involvement with any of it; granted he'd just shrugged and looked amused by the pinkness of my hair, but everything else he'd refused any involvement in! Like I'd believe him! Accidents, like these, don't just happen accidentally!

I was quietly seething and planning revenge when the meeting was just about to start, but then she arrived; Kiko, the very firework herself, jumped straight down into the middle of the room, right arm in a sling and wearing her costume that nearly got her killed by me, but otherwise looking healthy. She was ignoring us, keeping her back to us, showing that she was still incredible upset with us, but she was okay; after the information about her house getting broken into, we'd heard nothing. And yet here she was, looking mostly fine, past the bandaged arm that I'd hurt.

The b*st*rd Raikage attacked her on her way to her seat, causing several of the present people to move to stop him, but she avoided it expertly by jumping over him, making it look like it was the easiest thing in the world, even with her arm in a sling.

Then came the answer as to why everything had gone so wrong ever since that very morning; on her bidding my chair collapsed, sending me tumbling to the ground, and the look she sent me made it all fall into place. She'd been behind it all; she'd been tripping me, she'd been putting those things in my food and she'd been the one behind my, now, pink hair. She'd been taking revenge all morning, but nothing had been truly harmful, so she didn't hate me for hurting her; apparently, the day had been a good day after all, a great one even.

She'd avoided eye contact with both me and Sasori-danna through all of the meeting, though she'd clearly spoken of us as the Hokage appeared to be aware of Tobi's new dislike for being called fat; after the meeting she and her father disappeared, but she was back for the next meeting, this time without her bandaged arm in a sling, and if you actually paid attention, as both Sasori-danna and I did, you could see her almost vibrating with the need to get out and move.

She clearly hated sitting still with nothing to do, of course she did, explosions were never meant to stay in place for hours on end; she had a tortured look in her eyes throughout the end of the meeting and she could in no way hide the pure excitement, when the Kazekage shot down an invitation to get to know the other kages better over a late lunch as he'd promised to train her, referring to her as Kiko rather than the bird. The second the remaining three main kage's realised that they'd met the girl in question, they voiced their interest in seeing the training and Leader-sama was one of the first to do so; on her father's que Kiko left, practically disappearing in thin air, while the Hokage and her father were trying to discourage everyone from wanting to see the training, though they only managed to make everyone want to see it more; of course they did, she was something very special after all.