She was really home.

Kakashi's pov:

I had that nightmare again, the nightmare of how Kiko was left behind. That face. Those tears. I couldn't do anything. My little girl was calling me, but I couldn't respond. I could only watch as the hope and happiness left her eyes, leaving them hurt and empty.

I would give anything if only I could have never seen that.

I could suddenly feel something cold on my forehead; I must be having a fever, but who had placed the towel there? Lady Tsunade said, that she was the last one to check on me tonight.

My mind was once again taken over by pictures of my little girl's tear stained face, her heartbroken call, the way she gave up. I tried calling her, but it didn't seem like she heard me, she never did.

I could almost feel somebody beside me; a soft hand was petting my hair and a voice I knew hummed. It hummed the song that Kiko had sung in her room so long ago.

It was so easy to imagine she was here, her voice, her hands. She was home.

The cold towel was taken off, but was replaced soon after by a cooler one. That's when I realized that this wasn't a dream, somebody was really there. I sat up with a start and looked around the room, but it was empty. Maybe it had been a dream...

Something wet fell from my face to my hands, I looked confused on it. It was the towel; it had just been wetted again judging by how cool it felt against my skin. A weak smell from the towel made me think of Kiko, confused I held the towel up against my nose to get a better sniff. It was her smell, I was sure of it. I hid the towel under my pillow, I would wait a little longer to see if there was anyone in the room, then I would summon Pakkun to see if he could smell the same as me.

I waited for what felt like forever, but it wasn't really that long. As I sat up, I listened after breathing, but the only breathings I could hear were from those asleep. I summoned Pakkun as silently as I could.

"Chotto." I heard Pakkun say as the smoke cleared.

"Pakkun." I breathed quietly and held out the towel towards him. "Am I crazy or is this Kiko's scent?"

"You're crazy, but it is her scent." Pakkun said and looked around the room. "Her scent is everywhere in this room. It's crazy how you can smell her scent on that little piece of cloth, but not on your bed or your pillow or the rest of the room."

"Are you completely sure?" I asked just to make sure.

"Hai! Do you want me to go find her? She is still in the room, I can tell you that much. Judging by the sound she is probably sleeping." He huffed annoyed at me.

"Iie, if she's really here, then I'll find her. Arigato, Pakkun." He nodded and left, then I let myself fall backwards onto the bed.

She was home, she found home.

She was probably scared that I really didn't want her here anymore, but she was home.

I only needed to find her now, then I could tell her that I hadn't turned my back on her.

My little girl would be home.

As I closed my eyes, I could smell her scent on my pillow, just as Pakkun said.

She was really home.