My happy home.

I soooo wanted to call this chapter something with penguins, but oh well, too bad. :'(

I'm cold, who let in all the penguins? Shoo, penguins, shoo.

I opened my eyes to see no penguins, they were there a second ago, where did they go? Did they leave? How rude, they didn't say goodbye.

I forced myself to stand up, where did the cold come from? I had just gotten warm. Where did the penguins go? Ignore the penguins, they are making funny faces. Cold, it's not supposed to be cold. Who let in the cold? He's getting cold, that's bad, he's sick. Who is sick? Have to stop the cold. The window; it's letting in the cold. Who said that you were allowed to be open? Bad window, I don't like you. Close the window, there go away cold, go away. Who's making noises? It can't be the cold, I just chased it out. Are the penguins back? That's not good, they might wake him up. Who's him? Is he making noises? Otou-sensei...

He is the one making noises, is he having a fever again? I'll get a towel, and then he'll be okay, right?

Who was the idiot that opened the window anyway?! .... How did I get over here? I don't remember waking up... Never mind, Otou-sensei need me, he seems to be having a fever again.

I went over and got a towel, which I wetted before I walked over to the bed. I reached out to place the towel on his forehead, but it never seemed to reach its destination. A hand had grabbed onto my wrist and in shock I had dropped the towel onto his pillow, how had he even seen me?! I wasn't visible! He shouldn't have.... He saw the towel... He doesn't seem feverish now, was he faking it?

"Drop the Jutsu, Kiddo." His voice was gently, but firm, I tried to pull my hand back, but he didn't let go. "Drop the Jutsu."

Slowly I dropped it, knowing full well that my mask would protect me. He seemed to know that as well, since the mask all of a sudden was on the bedside table on the other side of the bed. Did he take it?

A warm hand touched my face, making me cover away. He looked hurt at that, but he still didn't let go of my wrist. I tried to get lose again, but he held on too tight.

"Kiddo, look at me. I didn't leave you! I swear!" I know, I know you didn't, or maybe I just hope? Is it bad to hope? Maybe, maybe I'm wrong, maybe you're lying? Somehow my body won't listen to me, it won't stop; it keeps on trying to pull my hand back.

"Answer me on this and I'll let go off your wrist." His voice is still gentle, but he seems sad... "What makes you stay? What makes you take care of me, even when you're so sure that I left you?" His one black eye looked so clear and open-hearted.

Slowly I felt my eyes shift nervously from him to the floor.

"Home." I muttered, which made him freeze. "A happy home..."

I tried to get my hand back by softly pulling it to me, but it seemed to have another effect; Otou-sensei seemed to wake from his daze. With a sudden movement he pulled me towards him and caught me in an embrace, with gentle movements he ran his hand through my hair and held me close to him. His sudden movement had surprised me, but when he caught me in his arms it was my time to freeze.

"You have a home, Kiko. A happy one right here." He muttered calmly, though I could sense the wild emotions right underneath the surface, he didn't let go.

I was caught there in his embrace frozen, but his body heat, his gentle caressing of my head, his rather protective hold on me and his promise of a home. It all made me feel warm, safe and loved.

I believe that that was what did it. I broke down crying into his shoulder, for a second I feared that he would push me away, but he didn't. Instead he held me tighter, while mumbling promises into my hair, promising me that he wouldn't let go, promising that everything would be alright.

Promises of a happy home.

My happy home.