We're home(Kakashi's pov)

Kakashi's pov:

They had been wrong, the council had been wrong when they said that Kiko ran away. They had ordered me not to look for her, saying that there was more need for me here, but they had been wrong. She had needed me and I hadn't been there. Yet she wasn't angry with me, she was just happy to go home.

I tucked her in in her bed; she fell asleep on the way here. Then I left for the Hokage's office, hoping to be back before she woke up, I tried not to let the anger cloud my judgment as I knocked at the Hokage's door. I waited for the 'come in', before I entered. Inside Ibiki and Anko were busy with helping with the paperwork from all the missions; they had buried themselves in work to prevent themselves from running off to get Kiko back.

"Hokage-sama." I greeted her with my hands in my pockets, wishing that she would hurry up so that I could go home to Kiko.

"You took longer than I expected, Kakashi, did something happen?" She asked me and put down her papers, looking at me. "You didn't try to look for Kiko again, did you?"

"Iie, iie, and I won't be looking for her anymore." I answered, ignoring how both Anko and Ibiki's hands clenched and shook slightly at the statement. "I had to take a short trip to my house, before coming here. I had to put my Musume to bed. She was so terribly tired, running like she was running for her life, so I brought her home first."

Both Ibiki and Anko froze at those words, the papers in their hands dropped to the table lifelessly.

"What? You found her?" The surprise was real, perhaps because she never really got to know Kiko and thus thought that she actually left.

"Iie, we just so happened to run into each other, literally. She never wanted to leave, Lady Tsunade, she just wanted to go home." And I want to go home; I want to be there when she wakes up....

"Did she run away?" It was a whispered question from Anko, she slowly turned to me.

"She promised me, that she didn't runaway, I believe her." I told her softly, before turning to the Hokage once again. "The stench of mould and other dungeon like smells hang heavily around her, she's thinner than she was when she left, she's bruised and covered in scrapes, her hair is un-kept and it hasn't been collared like she always does. I'm not sure what colour it is as it's covered in dirt. She never wanted to go; they used her Kekkei Genkai against her. They kidnapped her, just like I told you in the beginning. She wanted to come home."

"I-I didn't know; the counsel have been here longer than I have, I thought they knew better. Gomenasai."

"How is she?" Ibiki cut in before I could say anything to her, I slowly turned to him, wondering about the answer to the question.

"I don't know; her feet are bloodied, but that's all I could really tell by the quick glance I got. I don't think she's noticed the bloodied feet yet..." I sighed. "Can't we cut this short, Hokage-sama? I really want to be there when she wakes."

"Let's go then." She stated shortly and got up.

"Wha...?" I started but left it hanging in the air, when she continued.

"I'd be damned, if I didn't personally check her over after leaving her with him for so long." I couldn't help but smile, she sounded as angry as I felt.

"Then come along." With that we went to my house, all four of us as Anko and Ibiki came along, I couldn't blame them, they loved her too.

I took them all up to her room, but I went in alone to wake her up. She didn't react as quickly as she usually would; she buried her head in the pillow instead, kinda like a cat rubbing its head against something.

"Kiko, it's time to get up. I promise that you can sleep as long as you want tomorrow, but today you have to wake up." I called softly, watching her large eyes flutter open.

"Otou-sensei." She smiled at me and sat up.

"Come on, we have guests." I took a step back, waiting to see if she would be able to walk on her feet, but ready to catch her if she couldn't.

She got to the edge and placed her feet on the floor, only to whimper loudly, but force herself up. For every step she whimpered, but she didn't stop. She was stumbling, but she stumbled all the way over to me.

"We're home." She muttered and looked around her, for a short second I thought that she didn't want to come home, but that idea went out the window when she threw herself at me, hugging me like she was afraid that I would disappear.