Everything hurts

Soooooo, it's been a while... Sorry 'bout that.... I'm kinda just not in a place where writing is the first thing on my mind, but here's a chapter either way. 

Enjoy and have a nice day, night or whatever!!! ^_^

We arrived at the hideout in a short few days, where the Anbu, who apparently could speak after all (surprisingly enough with his reluctance to even say a single word on our way here), ordered Shikamaru to keep guard, before he snuck into the hideout with me, where he finally described the papers we had to find. They didn't seem too important to me, apparently some underground affiliation from one of the villages had made a deal with the people, that owned the hideout, and we had to grab the papers to prove it. But if it's an underground affiliation from one of the hidden villages, is it then not their, the village in question's, duty to take care of it?

Whatever, I'll ask Otou-sensei, when we get back. Though I'm kinda mad at him; he wasn't there to send us off, even though Danzo had told him, or he said that he told him. Anyway, we were at the hideout, which was surprisingly quiet. It didn't feel right at all. Of course, I voiced my concern for the two others and the Anbu seemed to take it into consideration, nodding quietly, before telling us his plan. Shikamaru was to keep guard outside and be ready to shadow-bind anyone following us, just in case it turned bad, while I, and the Anbu, would sneak in to find the papers. My job would be to find the papers, while his was to watch my back.

We spend hours observing the hideout, just to make sure that we wouldn't be going into a set up, and once the sun had set and it was relatively dark, we made our move. Quietly we snuck in. It was quiet inside too, if it hadn't been for the lack of dirt and dust, you could have taken the place for being abandoned. It all felt wrong, like when you come home to a house that is too quiet and find that someone had broken in while you were gone. Almost like the people inside were holding their breaths in an effort to not be noticed.

I almost started to hold my breath, just because it seemed to be mandatory. But I didn't, mostly because I didn't feel like explaining why I had done it, should the Anbu notice. He led the way, like he knew where he was going, though perhaps he was just lucky, or maybe the team, that found the hideout in the first place, had told him. What do I know?

As we entered what looked like a meeting room, I went straight to the filing cabinets along the walls, while the Anbu went around the room. At first I thought that he was checking to make sure that we wouldn't be ambushed, but when he suddenly turned completely quiet somewhere behind me and I, when I turned around, found him missing and the papers, that we were to get, neatly stacked at the table in the middle of the room, I knew that I had been right all along; something was very wrong. I stepped closer as quietly as possibly, settling my bag on the floor to easily stuff the papers into it. That's when things changed, from a hidden door a ton of tiny clay spiders entered the room and covered it almost fully, I quickly grabbed the papers in front of me and stuffed them into my shirt, but I wasn't quick enough to grab my bag, before it was infected with spiders. I couldn't keep back a gasp, when two voices, that I faintly recognized as Deidara's and Crow's, flew into the room at the exact same time.

"Deidara! No! Don't!"

"Katsu."

Everything exploded and my mind went blank and I let my body move on its own. The hand signs I made was unfamiliar to me, but the thick layer of ice that appeared in an orb around me gave me hope. It didn't manage to fully appear before the explosion hit me; my left leg and right hand were hit the hardest, though, as the explosions threw my unfinished orb around, I got very bruised. But I was alive, so yay!