Chapter Thirteen

"If life was a cartoon Dean's teeth would be nattering like a squirrel on Adderall

"If life was a cartoon Dean's teeth would be nattering like a squirrel on Adderall."

"Are you speaking from experience?"

Wandering back inside the hotel room with Sam I traipse to a slow roll noticing the clock which had been ticking soundly on the wall less then an hour ago is now smashed to pieces at my feet

Wandering back inside the hotel room with Sam I traipse to a slow roll noticing the clock which had been ticking soundly on the wall less then an hour ago is now smashed to pieces at my feet. Lifting my gaze from the spot I pause in, I carefully stare across the room to Dean. Legs up and sipping on a beer he presents Sam and I with a tight-lipped smile watching us enter the room, picking at his rashed arm. "Everything alright?" Sam carefully asks as I delicately place the gas station food bag on the kitchen bench top.

Tugging off my jacket I wander over to sit on the arm of the knock-off lazy boy which Sam has flopped into. Shifting where I perch myself, Dean cynically answers "Oh just peachy."

Quietly I share a look with Sam, "Yeah you look like you've got all your knots and bolts tightly wound together."

My comment only receives a small dismisses shake of his head, asking as he throws back another swig "Find anything?"

"Jessie O'Brian was cremated so I'm pretty sure she's not our ghost", Sam catches him up on our trip to the funeral home "We- hey stop picking at that." Caught out Dean immediately ceases the absent-minded scratching of the rash appearing angrily crimson on his forearm. Scrunching my nose Sam asks "How are you feeling?"

Just like that Dean switches it back on "Awesome." Shaking his head disbelievingly Dean throws his feet up on the coffee table "It's nice to have my head on the chopping block once again. Almost forgot what it feels like." Raising the beer once again, Dean chuckles sharply "It's freakin delightful."

"Compared to the looming apocalypse and Angel mess we've been dealing with lately I'll take a restless spirit any day of the weak", I mention, arm raised to lean on Sam's sturdy shoulder "It's a walk in the park for us."

"Easy for you to say", Dean tells me, motioning across to me with his bottle "You're not the one who might be dying- again."

"Also true."