Chapter Thirty Five

"Gee! Thanks for checking on me! Appreciate it!"

"You look fine to me!"

"So what's the plan here?" I wander back into the Milligan tomb, dragging my hand over the broken stone caskets "Procrastinate another fight with your brother?"

Dean's heavy footsteps falter behind me, light shining against my back "You talking ironically?" Pulling a tight smile I send it beaming up the torchlight to Dean. Yeah. I suppose the hypocrisy was missed by me there. Wandering by Dean scans every nook and cranny as I had a day ago. "I just want to double-check you didn't miss anything."

"Didn't miss anything?" I repeat, leaning tiredly against the casket "The most detail orientated paranoid person between the three of us and you're saying I missed-" Dean raising his finger to quieten me I arch my brow, "Are you shushing me?"

Tilting his head, Dean furrows his brows as though he is trying to focus "I hear a draft." Waving his hand to and fro, Dean questions "You hear that when you came here before?"

Momentarily I consider fighting back to save my ego but as I do I don't hear silence. I hear a whistle. A low, faint, almost non-existent whistle. Dean catching the realisation I roll my eyes "Okay. Maybe I missed that." Following Dean's torchlight our attention snags on the chipped stone wall. The cobwebs swaying near the bottom loose stone from the draft breeze. Stepping around Dean I crouch by the loose stone. Yanking my iron dagger from my boot I raise it and sharply bring it down against the rock. Wedging the iron blade inside in the eroded cement holding this tomb together. With a few grunts and strong yanks, I manage to wrench it from its loose position. Leaning further down I squint as far as Dean's torchlight will allow me to see, cooing "Ooh. Mystery tunnel." Glancing over my shoulder when I hear no retort, I immediately know what he's about to ask me and raise my closed fist.

Tilting his head, Dean scoffs blatantly pointing out the obvious "El I'm not going to fit."

"I don't care", I adamantly raise my clenched fist, standing back up "I warned you I'd play you the next time and that's what we're doing."