Chapter Sixty Six

"Oh! My! God!"

"Oh! My! God!"

I know the smell before I even get to open my eyes- hospital

I know the smell before I even get to open my eyes- hospital. If it wasn't the gross chemical odour it'd be the annoying beep of my vitals ringing in my ear. Turning my head away from the steady beep, I cringe at the strain in my neck. Sandpaper, my throat feel's like sandpaper. Peeling my lids back I furrow my brows at the bright iridescent light that overwhelm's my sense's.

Lifting my hand to cover my face I bring the hospital room into focus. The blinds drawn to hide any outdoor light, I note my vitals. BP's low although I'd expect that. A chair with a crumpled blanket in it pulled up beside the bed. A dozen coffee cups piled on the side table when it was dragged from with some folded newspapers. Sweeping my gaze to the door, a small smile cracks my dry lips. Dean, hair a dishevelled mess, arguing with a doctor and a nurse who look as if they would rather be anywhere else. Snatching the doctors clipboard I watch Dean toss it down the corridor and pushing through the burn in my veins I shove my legs off the bed. Stuggling to untangle myself from the millions of need's and tubes stuck into my body. Furrowing my brows at the heavy weight and pain the emanates from my chest. Like someone's delt me a collossal punch to my chest.

Throwing away the last tube my legs completly give way and I collapse onto the cold floor. A shock to my system I hiss fighting through the darkness that sweeps my vision at the pain that flares again within my chest. Trying to push away the dark fog that hangs over me, my arms tremble trying to push my weight back up. "Ma'am! Ma'am stay still!" I hear a nurse gasp somewhere in the room, "Doctor! Doctor she's awake- Ma'am you need to stop!"

Swatting away her fussy hand, I manage to tug myself back onto the bed. Still swiping her hands off my feet dragging me back into the bed, "If you call me ma'am again I'm going to make you swallow those words- Ma'am." Perplexed wide doe eyes looking at me I manically nod, "Yeah- Back. Up. Please."

She's only there for a moment before she steps aside and I'm met with wide worried green eyes staring up at me. His hands ghosting up my legs then takes a careful switch to my arms, "Geez El. How hard did you yank these out?"