Chapter Fifty Five

"Be my Valentine?"

"Be my Valentine?"

Following close behind Dean, the doors to the morgue swing shut nice and smooth behind me

Following close behind Dean, the doors to the morgue swing shut nice and smooth behind me. "What's up Doc?" Dean greets with the snap of a latex glove "We're here for the bodies."

Lowing his clipboard, he peaks at us from over his spec's "That was fast."

Furrowing my brows, I check "I'm sorry?"

"The new bodies that rolled in a couple hours ago" he steps aside "You're both here to inspect. Correct?"

Dean clears his throat, slapping on that charming ease that swindles him just about anything "We just heard. Thought we'd get the jump on this one. You know?"

Whether he finds annything suspicious about Dean's wording he doesn't let on. Lowering his clipboard, Dr Corman motions behind him "Well I just finished the organs sets. Goods and plenties already tupperwared."

He's not kidding. Every organ that would've been in the victems bodies neatly stufffed into a clear tupperware container like it's lunch. "You mind if I go taking another look at 'em?" I wonder, fiddling with the latex gloves on my hands "Maybe find something I missed the first time?"

Snorting, Dr Corman nods "Go ahead." Reaching into his pockets, Dean is tossed the morgue keys "Lock up when you're done. Drop the keys with Marty and please...please refrigerate after opening."

Tightly smiling, I assure him "That goes without sying Sir."

{}{}{}

Snapping another container shut I slide away the pancreas, "I could really go for pancakes right about now."

Gently, Dean pauses his opening of a container containing a no longer beating heart "I'm sorry?"

"We didn't relly stop to grab a bite", I shrug, sliding the other heart towrds me "Think the diner is open around the corner from the motel. Could really go for some pancakes."

"You can go for pancakes whilst you're hanging over a human heart?" Dean curls his lips "God your a freak."

"A freak you fell in love with", I scrunch my nose thoughtfully, tweezers poking around the soft organe within the container "Sounds more like a you problem."