Chapter Thirty Seven

"You don't have the Demon knife

"You don't have the Demon knife."

"I was killing Demonic bitches long before you brought that knife back into play."

Silently Dean and I watch the flashy hotel from inside his impala down the street

Silently Dean and I watch the flashy hotel from inside his impala down the street. The lush vehicle Sam switched to parked right out the front. He's trying to be unpredictable doing the opposite of what we've been taught. Something we knew Sam would try to shake us by doing. Hence the flamboyant hotel and expensive stolen car. The opposite of inconspicuous being conspicuous.

True to that statement, Sam's alias was lazily booked against a honeymoon suite. The confirmation was sent to a new burner that didn't take Bobby long to track for us. I'll admit I give Sam points for trying but we know him. He had to have known we wouldn't be far from on his tail. Striding down the hallway I grab Dean's shirt and shove him silently backwards before Sam can catch us. Stood behind the wall to conceal us I patiently wait until I can't hear his heavy footsteps against the carpet.

"You think it's going to take you long?" Dean mutters the insinuation.

Knife sliding from my sleeve I curl my fingers tightly around the handle, "I'm feeling pretty fucking murderous."

With orders for Dean to watch the door, I sneak a peek after Sam, noting the hallways quiet. Inching over to the hotel room I curl my fingers around the gold doorknob. Twisting so slow and silently that a single noise isn't made. Pushing the door open can't focus on any of the bouche white décor or the fluffy pillows. I have tunnel vision when I see Ruby stuffing her bag with clothes. Silently I rest the door in the archway. Twisting the doorknob would waste time I don't feel like throwing away. My boots make no sound as I step over the fluffy carpeted floors. Stepping up the stairs towards the bed my hand tightens its grip around the handle and I let my anger ripple to the surface. Sinking into the loathing and rage I've contained for her. My blood boiling with every step I take close to her.

Ruby must've had a sense someone was here because she suddenly spins around. Although I'm just as quick to slash out with the knife. Cutting right through the material on her leather jacket. Shoving her defensive arm away I'm wild going for her head. I get the blade barely a foot from her face before her hands catch my arm. Big brown eyes wide with panic I don't care enough to register. Pushing my hand against the blade I grunt with all my might to get the weapon lodged into her skull. Wrestling with the knife I grab Ruby's arm and haul her around with me to slam her violently back against the bathroom wall with a deafening bang. Smashing her body son hard the plaster cracks. Gritting my teeth I push harder to do any lethal damage I can. From Ruby's fearful gaze flickering between me and the knife pointed hardly a hand's width from her chest I know I have her pinned. The frightened look of surprise on her face lets me know that much. This is my opportunity and I'm taking it.