Chapter Forty Five

"Perfect aim

"Perfect aim. I didn't expect anything less from a woman of your...pedigree."

"What took you so long to get here? Cas's message go up there via carrier pigeon?"

"You're both idiots if you think Raphael will just come out from the woodwork because you asked nicely", I tell them both as they're halfway out the door

"He is an Archangel who will have access to both myself and Michael's vessel", Castiel reprimands me as Dean shuts the dingy door with a reluctant squeak "He has no reason not to come when I call."

Pursing my lips, I tap my boots on the creaking floorboards "You mean to say he has to show when called?" I receive only Cas's hardened stare back. Widening the loophole, I confess "If I was an Archangel and my subordinate rebelled underling told me to jump I wouldn't. I'd jump when I wanted to."

Backtracking into the house and away from the front door, Dean clarifies "You think he'll try and catch us off guard?"

"We've always been one step behind these Angelic A-team", I stress to Dean "What's the harm in trying to get ahead just this once so none of us die?" Dean's silence only validates the point I'm making. Glancing across the room to Cas, I understand "You explained the holy oil couldn't be crossed by an Angel, correct? Like a holy Devil's trap."

"That is correct."

"Then we set a trap here encase Raphael doesn't show face at the hospital", I suggest, motioning towards the living room. We need to start thinking ahead. Angel's and Demon's keep appearing at every turn to catch us off guard. It's time to stop playing the defense and put some force into the offense.

"Eleanor presents a good point", Cas humbly agrees "This war is growing unpredictable. We need to evolve." Striding across the room, Castiel takes the holy oil and tilts the clay jug. Pouring a portion of the oil into Dean's empty takeaway cup. Once it's full, Castiel extends the cup to me "Lay the trap here. Once I call Raphael will know of our location. It will not take long for him to locate you."

"Then I'll make sure it's ready", I assure Cas. Satisfied, Castiel leaves the house to enact our plan. Leaving Dean to linger in the threshold of the door. "I can handle myself", I assure him with a gentle smile, wandering over to take his hand in mine "You just make sure you come back. I need you here on Earth."