Chapter Twenty Three

"For what it is worth to you

"For what it is worth to you. Katie Alexander was unlike the rest of your Legacy. If she had more time I believe she could have ended up in Heaven."

7 Years Ago

7 Years Ago.
"You're going to be alright" I hug my sister tightly, no older than sixteen "We have time-"

"It's borrowed time."

Glancing over my shoulder I send Dean a hard glare. He doesn't flinch. If he does I can't see it through the darkness of Katie and I's motel room. Placing Katie's hand over the gash across her collar bone, I assure her I will be back. This time feeling her whine at the sound of my voice speaking louder than I have been. Reaching the door I have to shove Dean aggressively from my doorframe to get him to move too. Tugging him further into the lot near my Jeep, Dean yanks his arm out when we're far enough away for me to hiss "She doesn't need to be told she's turning Dean. She's been in the know of this shit her entire life!"

"That doesn't mean you should be lulling her into a place of false hope", Dean harshly whispers back at me, jabbing his arm over to our motel where Katie's barely keeping it together "She could be turning in the next second, day, week-"

"I know!" I feverishly snap, the edge of my voice growing erratic with panic "Which is why we need to be out there looking for a cure! Reading, hunting-" Cutting myself off, I lower my voice and a step closer to Dean "We take my Jeep right now and we can get a head start on this thing."

Whether it be in the way Dean drags a hand through his hair or his green eyes widen a fraction more at what I'm asking... I already know his answer. "Eleanor I want to save her as much as you do", Dean tugs me back by my arm when I try to defiantly step around him back to my sister "But you don't even know if there is a cure."

"He's right" twirling around I have to bite back the inconsiderate growl I almost make at John. Softly, John tells me stepping around behind the Jeep with us "There's never been a recorded case by any Hunter of a Vampire returning to Human status."

As respectfully as I can, I argue "There could be something in my ancestor's journals. They've lived for thousands of years- there has to have been a loophole found somewhere."