Chapter Fifty Two

"How you just looked at me isn't freakin fair!"

Shotgun raised I glower at Lucifer so intently I wonder if I could make him burst into flames

Although silent my thoughts move like a rapid-fire inside. I think back to every single journal I've poured through for the past months. The lore, the entry's the snarky comments thrown at me. The Angel aspect I had cracked-lets be real- but descended from Guardian Angels...Guardian Angel. "How do I know you're not lying?" I question the audacity if him "You have nothing to gain."

"On the contrary-I have nothing to lose", Lucifer dismisses it. Another gesture thrown to the sky I suddenly realise how quiet it has gone. Not an inkling of thunder or a drop of rain. Just moonlight, stars, and complete silence. "That should make me the one you trust the most."

"El he's the Devil", Sam murmurs close to my ear "There's not a damn reason you should trust him-"

"Zachariah and Raphael spoke of a lock", I blatantly ignore Sam, seeing if I can push a little further "What does that mean?"

"Well, one of your ancestors- Thelma Alexander- was sympathetic to my strife. Exquisite lady. Very empathetic even if she was slightly tone-deaf", Lucifer makes his way further up the hill "God found out she was...colluding with my Demons. Dawned on him that he devour warriors might not be as devout to him as he had initially thought. Took dear old Dad a millennium to understand the flaw in his creation of Guardian Angels. He created them to be protectors and saviors of his beloved creation. He hadn't understood that whilst he moulded them into Guardian Angel's, they'd still had the heart of humanity. Saw under all his flair God just...didn't want to intervene despite his power to do so. As a result, they revolted against God. Abandoned Heaven and slaughtered every cavalry sent to retrieve them in support of humanity and their injustice. Again, God saw this as ungrateful and marched downstairs himself, yielded the grace from every single Alexander, and locked it up in Heaven." With a tiny giggle to himself, Lucifer motions down to me "A family so dangerous my big celestial old man had to swagger down here himself to retrieve back that grace, now reduced to a single soul. That's a day we still rave about in Hell. Christmas in Hell-"