[C.44] Mishaps

• A U T H O R ' S  P. O. V •

"Things are going way too smoothly that I'm afraid we're about to fuck up hard, very soon." Jennie muttered to herself as the group starts to stealthily exit the premises of the academy, trying their best to blend in and look just like any other student mingling with each other to not raise any suspicion. They didn't want to give off the impression of being one of those lazy troublemakers trying to sneak out towards the watchful eyes of the teachers and staffs. Even though technically they are just that, it was for the greater good.

For their world at least.

"Don't jinx it, Jen." Taehyung softly hit her shoulders- or that was what he thought- to which the girl responded to with annoyed groans.

"Didn't I tell you to stop hitting me!" Jennie turned around to openly glare at the grinning male. It was probably the umpteenth time that they argued today, so the princess of the south unconsciously ignited a small spark of fire in her right raised hand because of agitation.

"Jennie-noona! Your hand!"

Upon hearing Kai's alarmed voice, Jennie transferred her gaze towards her hand only to widen her eyes because of the fire floating above it. The girl straightened and immediately diminished it. "Sorry."

Namjoon looked around to see if anyone was acting weird due to seeing a random female student summon fire from her hands, and to his relief there was none.

Namjoon sighed.

"Careful, Jen." He then looked at Taehyung. "And you, stop annoying the poor girl, if you don't your training hours will be prolonged to another hour."

Taehyung shook his head vigorously in horror and slightly pouted upon being reprimanded by his hyung, and it only deepened when he chanced upon Jennie sticking her tongue out at him, probably to mock him. His pride was way too high so of course he wouldn't back down, because he eventually made a face at her as a retort.

When they were finally face to face with the gate, the silence was broken by the younger people of the group.

"So. . ." Jungkook drawled and side eyed Lisa, Yeri, and his younger brother.

"Are we really not going to mess with a few people?" Lisa asked to no one in particular with Yeri and Yeonjun nodding beside her.

A beat of silence prevailed before chaos fell unto the group.

"Children." Seokjin muttered as his and Namjoon's broad shoulders and long arms tried to contain the older people of the group- namely Jisoo, Seulgi, Joohyun, and Yoongi- before they had the chance to choke the four dashing kids.

° ° °

Joohyun rested back her hand on her side when the shape of the portal was already wide enough for them to fit, she nodded to the others as a signal that it was already clear to go inside.

"You got the book right?" Seulgi chimed in to make sure and glanced at Lisa, who nodded back at her before raising the main purpose of their mission, "The portal will only pull those people necessary inside, so without further ado, see you on the other side."

One by one, the youngsters started to enter the purplish portal carefully, with thoughts of the upcoming war inside their heads.

But one specific girl, the one who was yet to enter the portal, the last one to, thought otherwise. Of course the war was still stuck inside the depths of her brain, for she was sure that it will probably be recorded as another huge and historic event in the timeline of her kingdom may they come out as victors or not, but right now her head couldn't help but lean onto the thought of her plan more. She couldn't believe that she might be playing a big role in the aforementioned war, her decision that is.

Seulgi, as a known figure in the kingdom, knew her next actions will be a big shocker for the royals and her friends. But in her opinion she knew it was for the greater good. The girl lightly smirked, she was nervous yet excited to take down the true villains of the story.

She glanced at the bridge between two worlds, with the portal giving her a majestic magneta outline and a faint glow. Once she steps inside it, then her plan ensues.

So with deep shaky breaths, she placed her foot inside, then her other one, until her whole body fully disappeared back to her homeland, one that she knew will be covered by blood, sweat, and tears very soon.

° ° °

As soon as Seulgi entered the other side, she was immediately met with horrified and shocked expressions, which prompted her face to contort into confusion.

"What are you all looking at?"

Nobody replied.

The more Seulgi analyzes it, the more she realizes that they weren't necessarily looking at her, they were looking at whatever or whoever was behind her. Her eyes widened.

It can't be, right?

The monolidded woman took slow steps toward her friends before finally turning around to see what the fuss was all about, and to her horror, her assumptions were proven right because as soon as she laid eyes on their current mishap, Taehyung's deep voice immediately rang through the silence.

"See, Jen!" Taehyung faced the frozen Jennie beside him, who had her mouth hung wide open in shock. Taehyung placed a hand on her shoulder before letting his head crash and lean on it, automatically whining afterwards, "I told you not to jinx it!"

It was already a big problem that they accidentally let stray people follow them through the portal, again. But the worst part is that they were greeted by familiar faces. Shocked, confused, and bewildered faces.

Of course it had to be Nayeon, Jeongyeon, and Tzuyu.

And as if thing couldn't get any more worse, they weren't alone and had company.

The complete nine daughters of the dark finally reunited with the birthplace of their biological father.

Just in the nick of time where a war was about to take place.

Jisoo almost fainted and collapsed if it weren't for Seokjin holding her in place, "The Gods really want us to suffer don't they?"

° ° °

Guys, you don't know how much I'm thankful for all your comments of support on the last chapter. I was able to finish a short and crappy chapter because my grandma's surgery earlier in the morning was successful and she's already safe, and resting in the recovery room right now, which made me so happy and relieved. So to all those people who included her in their prayers thank you so so much! I really love you all for doing it and for respecting me and the time I deserve for myself. I really thank and love you all from the bottom of my heart <3

Don't worry because I'll really really really try my best to update more from now on :) oh and who's excited for Ice cream? Because I am! We're seriously getting so much content that I'm afraid we'll be deprived for the next three years or so lol (hope not) I'm also very sorry because I wasn't able to hype up dynamite with you guys :( it was really just because it dropped around the same time where the incident with my grandma happened. But it still cheered me up nonetheless, and it's on repeat both on my playlist and in my head lmao.

Luv y'all

Author-nim outtt