[C.21] Siblings

• 𝐀 𝐔 𝐓 𝐇 𝐎 𝐑 ' 𝐒 𝐏. 𝐎. 𝐕 •

The weak boy slowly opened his eyes for him to only shut it tight once again due to the blinding light coming from the sun.

He sighed in relief while shifting to a sitting position.

"Thank God I didn't end up in the dark forest." He said as his eyes turned to slits, his hazelnut orbs scanning the surroundings.

He groaned as he got up, he immediately clutched his stomach, feeling hunger.

He looked at the trees, to see if some of them were bearing fruits, and to his luck, he saw some apples hanging on the other trees.

But the problem was, it was too high.

He tried jumping but still no avail, he kept trying and trying, desperate for some food.

All the running from last night made him exhausted.

After a few more weak attempts, he finally gave up, feeling defeated, he plopped down back to a sitting position.

After a few more minutes, he felt someone nudge him, fearing that it was the bad guys from last night, he slowly looked up to see a person, even if it had a mask on, you could still tell that it was smiling for it's eyes crinkled a little.

The boy couldn't quite decipher if it was a man or a woman for it was wearing a thick robe and the only thing you can see is it's dark brown orbs, and due to the mask it's wearing, it's voice wasn't clear enough. The boy averted his eyes to the person's hands and there he found the things he's been craving for since earlier.

Apples.

The mysterious person crouched down to level it's height with the boy's sitting figure.

"I saw you struggling earlier, so here." It offered some of it's apples.

The boy was hesitant but took some of them anyways due to extreme hunger.

"Thanks. . .Miss or Mister?" The boy asked.

"The names Kang-"

"There he is!" To the little boy's horror, it was the same men from last night standing not that far away from their location. "After him!"

"Miss or mister. . .Kang we have to hurry!" The boy quickly stood up and pulled the mysterious person with him, the 'Kang' person noticed that the little boy was too slow for he was too weak, so it thought for a solution fast for them to escape faster.

It crouched down all of a sudden, the little boy looked at the mysterious person weirdly.

"Uhh what are you doing?" The boy asked, voice still filled with panic.

"Hop on," The person said, but the boy was still hesitating. "C'mon! we don't have time!"

It was enough for the boy to hurriedly jump on the person's back and with that they dashed out of the forest, effectively loosing the bad guys.

Seeing that the coast was clear, he jumped down the person's back and they were both panting heavily.

"C'mon, we shouldn't be so sure of our safety." It held the boy's small hands and led him to a cottage.