[C.20] The Lost Boy

A/N: I dedicate half of this chapter for them 👆 (and for my heart that aches for them😔)

° ° °

• 𝐀 𝐔 𝐓 𝐇 𝐎 𝐑 ' 𝐒  𝐏. 𝐎. 𝐕 •

Run. Run. Run.

That was all he could ever think of at the current moment, his mind was blank, his heart was pounding, his breathing was ragged, and the scratches that was spread all over his body was excruciatingly painful due to the pressure he was putting on his small frame.

He was nervous, nervous that they would catch him, again.

So he gathered all the energy left in his body and pushed his skinny legs to run faster.

He couldn't afford to look back, he was just desperate to escape their clutches, for he didn't want to get tortured any more.

"Come back here little boy!"

Hearing it made his heart race more, the booming voice echoed through the depths of the forest that he couldn't decipher where it came from.

Still running, he turned to his side to see a humongous rock in a clearing located in the middle of the forest.

So he changed his direction and ran to it, when he was near it, he jumped above it and hid there for it was big enough to cover his entire body.

He crossed his fingers, hoping that they won't find him, and it seemed to have worked when he heard the voice speak again.

"Where the hell did go?!"

"Dammit! boss will kill us!" Said another.

"Shut up and keep looking, I'll go left you go right."

Oh no.

He prayed that it wouldn't see him, and to his relief, it only passed by the rock where he was hiding.

He released the breath he didn't know he was holding earlier, closed his eyes and thanked the Gods that they spared him.

But now that the adrenaline in his body started to disappear, he could now feel the aching sensation all over his weak body.

He was too afraid to come out so he simply lied down on the green grass and stared at the blinking stars distributed across the night sky.

A lone tear managed to escape from his eyes.

"Eomma, Appa. . .please find me, I'm  scared and I miss you." He whispered to himself while he screwed his eyes shut.

"Rhea noona. . .come back already."

° ° °

"So. . .how's your first day?"

Sungjae's voice was the first thing that greeted them when they entered the palace, they found him sitting on one of the chairs, a book on his right hand while he used his left one to chew on his apple.

"Good afternoon oppa! And it went great. . .I guess?" Lisa smiled sheepishly before placing her bag down.

"Went great my ass." Jennie rolled her eyes.