[C.2] Acting Weird

• J I S O O ' S  P. O. V •

It's been a week since we visited the library, but Lisa particularly decided to borrow that book from the library out of curiosity and we haven't returned there since then, because it's also been days since she's been acting really weird, every time we talk about the book, she would be spacing out or be silent the whole time even though she was the one who insisted to borrow it. I'm giving her one last chance, if she spaces out again, I'm going to ask her regarding this matter. It's currently break time so it would be perfect to test her now.

After we picked the food that we wanted to eat from today's menu, we all carried our trays toward our usual table in the middle of the bustling cafeteria. "So guys about the book." I started nonchalantly after we sat down, while eyeing Lisa secretly.

And as if to further add to my confusion, she abruptly stopped eating her food and wore a vague expression meanwhile Chaeyoung looked up at me and spoke, "What about it unnie?" She said in complete curiosity.

"What do we do with it now?" I asked, and just as I expected, Lisa was staring into nothingness once again, it's been happening frequently since we borrowed the book and it's really starting to concern both me and Chaeyoung. I sneaked a glance at our red-haired friend, who nodded at my direction as if to give me support, causing me to shift my attention back to Lisa.

It's now or never, I'm going to ask her about her behavior as concern and curiosity is already eating me up.

"Lis—"

But apparently, the school bell had different plans, it rung, indicating that we had to go to our next classes. The obnoxious sound that rung all throughout the whole university managed to bring Lisa back to reality.

I sighed.

"Lisa, Chae, let's talk later okay?" The two of them looked at me briefly before nodding. I must have sounded a tad bit serious as a hint of confusion can be seen on Lisa's face, while Chaeyoung kept her's neutral as she already knew what I was going to talk about. Soon, the three of us were going to our separate classes as it was already noon.

° ° °

Another excruciating hour had passed before our classes finally ended. I planned to go to the garden as it was our meeting place every after class if we wanted to linger around longer in the university, and we agreed that we were still going to talk.

But as I passed the bathroom on my way there, I suddenly heard faint sobs coming from the inside. I stopped at my tracks, curiosity starting to fill my mind of who it could be. Other people would have probably shrugged it off, thinking it wasn't their business and just walk away but well me being me, I wanted to try and give my help. I personally know how much comfort you can bring to a troubled person when you show them concern and compassion.

I know it's not always the case, but it won't hurt to try right?

Despite my thoughts I still mentally face palmed myself because of the fact that I always let this aspect of me win, because the next thing I know, I was opening the door of the girl's bathroom as slowly as possible, and when I saw that I already have enough space to peek through, a very shocking scene greeted me.

"What are you doing here?"

° ° °

"Unnie, what took you so long?" Chaeyoung asked me as soon as I got to clumsily take a seat at our usual place. It was a good thing that it was already noon, so the ambiance in the open garden was cool and calming that I was able to even out my ragged breaths. It wasn't that sunny anymore either so we weren't exactly the only ones present here, in fact there are a handful of students lounging around too.