[C.49] Preparations

• A U T H O R ' S  P. O. V •

"You can confirm as you already saw this beforehand, Seokjin?"

The aforementioned male ignored the heavy stares directed at him and solely focused on the royal.

"Yes, your highness."

He expected an attack, harsh words, a strong gush of wind to hit him with so much force that he would be thrown back to the far end of the throne room. He waited, and waited for the king's range.

But to his surprise nothing came.

"Call for the general." Came the calm reply of King Peter instead.

"W–What?"

Seokjin's inquiry was left unanswered as all the royals paced out of the room.

"Father?" Lisa tried to call out.

It proved to be effective because then the king of the north stopped to glance at her daughter. Lisa noted that his eyes were calm, but she can almost see the gears in his head turn. It was happening.

"You all might want to get ready too," He said. "Because it seems like our fight is being postponed."

° ° °

"Do you really believe it?" Queen Iris muttered as soon as the doors were closed.

Oscar hesitated.

"Since the day that we discovered about Seokjin's abilities, it never once failed us." He answered. "But at the same time I refuse to believe that one of our most loyal warriors is going to turn their back against us that easily."

Oscar heaved out a heavy sigh. "Everything is just so conflicting, but we must make sure. So come on."

° ° °

"Jin."

He didn't turn.

"Seokjin."

Seungwan took a deep breath. God knows how much she was trying to restrain herself, and she knew that the same thing could be said for the two girls beside her. She's not giving up though, she wants answers and she's going to get them.

"Kim Seokjin you face us right this instant!"

The others remained silent as they stared at the tall dorthorian hesitantly turning around.