[C.40] I'm Coming Home

A/N: missed you guys <3

• A U T H O R ' S  P. O. V •

"Is everyone set?" Namjoon asked in a slightly louder tone for everyone in the room to hear as he checks his own bag which contained all of their necessities.

They were all currently inside one of the Central Domain's lavish rooms, packing up and finalizing all the things they needed for their trip to the Other World. For starters, they brought clothes, food, blank cards and papers in different sizes- which will be needed soon as their IDs and money with the help of Jimin's illusions- and makeshift weapons just incase danger arises in the middle of their quest, because they all vowed that they would only use their powers only if certainly necessary to avoid unwanted attention.

"Hey, do you need some help?" Sooyoung flinched in surprise when a voice from behind suddenly spoke to her.

"Oh, Sungjae," She looked up at the tall man behind her, even though the difference between them was only inches, he was still much taller, "I'm already all set."

"O-Oh, I see." Sungjae didn't know why he was stuttering, but he's certain of his flushed cheeks, that's for sure.

Sooyoung did nothing but laugh at the adorable display that is Yook Sungjae. So instead of embarrassing him more, she just settled with offering him a small but genuine smile "Still, thank you,"

Sungjae shifted to an expression mirroring hers, "Anything for you, Sooyoung."

Now it was Sooyoung's turn to blush.

"Now's not the time for that, lovebirds," Seulgi interrupted them, they were both startled by Seulgi's snicker and it caused them lower their heads in embarrassment

"Anyways, Hyun?" Seulgi turned to look at Irene instead who turned her attention to her bestfriend, "You have the gauntlet right?"

Irene nodded and showed her the bracelet given by the royals, they said it was going to be their source of transportation from their world to the other. At first glance it would look like any ordinary gold bracelet, but an enchantment was set upon it that whenever it is needed to open a portal, it would transform into a gold gauntlet that will automativally adjust to the size of the bearer's hand. Small, hidden and portable, absolutely perfect for a bunch of teenagers with extraordinary capabilities when traveling to an entire different dimension where their normal was abnormal.

"Wait, I forgot something upstairs, I'll be right back." Seulgi suddenly chimed in while the others nodded before exiting the room and sprinting up the stairs.

"We're finally going back home." Tzuyu sighed from the side as she eyed her current outfit, she was clad in a white button up shirt and plain blue jeans, quite peculiar and new in the eyes of the Enchancian's, but to her it felt just like home. Luckily enough, with the help of the girls' description who lived in the other world, the finest seamstresses were summoned to the castle to create and give each of them clothes that will surely help them blend in within the sea people present in the other world.

"Yeah, we're ready." Jisoo answered the question that was left hanging in behalf of all of them exempting Namjoon.

"That's good to hear then."

They bowed before giving their now undivided attention immediately to the leaders of their land who just entered the same room as them to finally send them off. "But where's Seulgi?"

"Right here, your majesty." Seulgi spoke from behind the doors as she arrived back just on time, but Joohyun, Seungwan, Sooyoung, and Yerim couldn't help but give each other pointed looks and connect their brows upon witnessing their best friend's uncharacteristic peculiar behavior. To the others it may seem like it was nothing, but the other four didn't miss the way Seulgi's usually bright smile twitch and how her movements appeared to be rather stiff. The said monolid seemed to have noticed their stares that she turned to them and gave them a genuine reassuring smile that was enough to wash away their speculations.

Or at least for the meantime.

° ° °

"Children, I wish that you all may remain safe throughout the duration of this mission, since you all will be needed here immediately when you return." Peter smiled at each one of them, his words reminding them that they should finish the mission as soon as possible unharmed, because once they return, much bigger issues were needed to be resolved with all the help that they can get.

The princesses all gave their parents tight hugs before joining the others, and after their small farewell, the group of twenty-four proceeded to load the carriages that will be their source of transportation to go to the nearest forest.

After a few minutes, they finally arrived.

As soon as the carriages left, the others gave Joohyun an expectant look, giving the latter the confirmation she needed that they were all ready. She took out the gold bracelet from her satchel and wore it on her right hand, Joohyun then closed her eyes and quietly casted the spell towards it and soon, the bracelet in her hand was replaced by a guantlet.

The oldest valley roamed her eyes around the aforementioned forest and once she found a clearing, she released a breath before raising her right hand.

Nayeon, Jeongyeon, and Tzuyu stared in awe at the purplish-blue portal that started to grow bigger in size from nothingness. The three noted that it was only big enough for them to come through.

"Let's do this." Taehyung chimed in with a look of determination, out of all the brothers, only Kai and Yeonjun were the ones who got to enter the other world so this was their first time.

The others nodded and gave each other their own unique smiles, wordlessly cheering each other on.

One by one, each person finally entered the portal that will lead them to an entirely different world, until only Chaeyoung was left.

The girl grinned, "I'm coming home."

° ° °

Tall skyscrapers, loud chattering, and cars dashing on the road.

Oh they were home alright.

The four princesses slowly opened their eyes and the first thing they did was check on their friends, and when they did, amusement immediately made its way to their faces upon seeing their bewildered expressions, save from other relieved ones.

"Wow, so this is the other world." Hoseok muttered, awe solely being the only expression painting his face.

Jennie chuckled, "I guess the tables have turned."

° ° °

I told you guys it won't be long haha

A lot of things inspired me to write that's why lol. From the milestones this book has achieved (thanks for 120k!), amazing fanfictions, life getting better, future debuts to comebacks (but its mostly unusual bp content tbh) Anyways, stream stay gold, hylt, m&m, and monster guys! I'll be writing the next chapter for you now haha

P.S: please still expect slow updates hehe

Luv y'all (omg I missed writing that haha)

Author-nim outtt