[C.48] Trust On A Traitor

• A U T H O R ' S  P. O. V •

The tension in the room, the three could feel how it's undeniably rising to great heights.

"They're what?!" King Peter belowed with a voice mixed with shock and anger.

His wife immediately came into action and placed a comforting hand on his shoulder to at least ease him a bit, she was starting to worry for their only companion inside the room for he looked like he'd rather be anywhere else but here due to the king's hard glare.

"S–Seulgi, Yerim, and the n–nine girls are all missing, your highness." The messenger sputtered despite his nervousness.

It was devastating really, considering how just a few minutes ago the entire kingdom was celebrating in happiness for the return of their beloved princesses. But it seems like the odds were being too cruel towards them that it didn't let even just a day pass before it lets anything destroy the joyful atmosphere.

"Tell the guards to search for them as soon as possible and replace them with the ones on standby," Peter stopped pacing inside the humongous room and looked at the nervous messenger seriously, "We can't afford to let our guards down because anytime, they can attack."

"Will do, your highness." The messenger gave the king a firm nod before dashing out of the room.

° ° °

Seokjin eyed the group nervously, the last vision that he saw was the one that he dreamt of back in the other world and the things that will happen afterwards are still unknown to him.

But with what he knew so far, he knew it was enough to make him dread the news that was just delivered to them.

Did it already really happen?

The expression of worry on his face then morphed into anger and frustration. He hesitated, he knew that but because of it he was now too late.

No, no, no. Yerim can't be dead.

Seokjin was mad, no he was enraged. What was the use of the gift given to him if he didn't do anything with the useful information it kindly gave him? He was mad and disappointed with himself. He became very worried for Yerim ever since that day, but he also wanted to trust Seulgi so bad.

She was practically already a younger sister to him, and he was certain that she wasn't like that.

For the past few years that he's been alive in this world, he always took pride in the fact that he was one of the blessed ones that possessed more than one power, a power that can let him see the future at that even though it still had its limits.

So in all those years, he never would have thought that the day where he would desperately wish for the gift he took so much pride in to turn out to be wrong, would come. To him, that thought was very ridiculous and ignorant.

And on top of that, something even more ridiculous was starting to happen, and that was the act of slowly starting to hate Seulgi. All the happy memories made with her for the past years were being covered by the anger that he was starting to feel in just a matter of seconds.

Since that day, he wanted to be wrong, he wanted to trust Seulgi, but with every day that passed it was starting to get harder and harder, and now he just shut that small part of him inside, the one that held the image of the Seulgi he knew and focused on the fact that she betrayed them.