71.

"Look who's finally back," Chris says as soon as we approach his garage. He takes the greasy gloves off his hands and wipes the back of his hand over his forehead, removing the loose strands of brown hair away from his face.

He's been fixing that car for the past week, I think to myself. It usually takes him two to three days only.

Maybe I should help him fix it.

Since it was hard to find a job early on, I volunteered to help him out in his garage a little before I got too pregnant. He taught me the basics: changing a tire, jumping a car, changing the oil.

"Hey, little one," Chris opens his arms to the little human beside me. "Come here." He waves her over but she stays put.

I glance down at my stubborn daughter and wonder why she's holding back. She adores him so I don't know why she's resisting.

"Are you suddenly too cool to hug your Uncle Chris?"

"No," she crosses her arms. "I don't want to hug you because you're dirty and stinky."

I can't help but laugh at her childish words. She's such a little diva when it comes to Chris.

"Don't encourage her," Chris warns me lightheartedly. "Is that what you're worried about, little one? Guess we're not going to the park then."

"Okay, okay," she suddenly gives in. "I will."

I watch with a smitten smile as her hesitant footsteps eventually bring her over to her uncle.  He lifts her tiny body up into the air and spins her around til her high-pitched giggles fill the garage.

"Now can we go?"  She asks impatiently as soon as he lets her on the ground. She's so excited, she's practically bouncing on her feet.

"Ask your mother for permission first," Chris points to me as he looks at her. 

"Can we go, mommy?"

"I don't know.  I still have a few things to work on."

Her small bottom lip pouts in disappointment and her hopeful, green eyes widen, pleading with me to change my mind.

"Please....pleeeaaaase."

I know I shouldn't always give in to her. It's bad for me as a mother. It'll only reinforce this kind of behavior. But when she's wearing that face, how can I resist.

"Okay," I sigh. "But only for a little while."

"Yay!" She applauds before trying to wrap her arms around my legs. My hand softly brushes the top of her head as she gazes up at me with a content grin, the only grin that can wash away all my doubts and worries.

"Go put your things in the room and I'll be up in a bit."

She nods the tiniest of nods and scampers off up the doorsteps and into the building without another word. I don't know what it is with this girl and parks. Ever since she could walk, Chris would always take her to the one down a few blocks. I blame it on him.

"You don't have to come to the park with us if you're still busy .. with that?" I tell him, flitting my chin to the used vehicle.

"No, I'm almost finished with it. Maybe a paint job and some more touches with the deck and I think this baby is good to go," he says proudly. "Hey."