68.

Song: Unsteady - X Ambassadors

"If you love me, don't let go."

Harry's POV

Elaine appears in my mind again.  I can see her vividly.  She's riding her yellow bicycle decorated with daises. The camera I bought her is in the brown, woven basket. She's just finished taking pictures of the river she bikes by everyday. Her long dark blonde hair cascading through the wind.  Her charming smile widens as her feet pedals faster, craving the thrill.  Her wild blue eyes are concentrated, one by one, her fingers raise from the front handles. There's absolutely zero hesitance in her reckless hands and in her courageous heart.

"Woods is here to see you."

Woods?

Bubble Wrap?!

She's back?!

Wait....

No.

I'm supposed to avoid her. I shouldn't be feeling this way. I shouldn't be looking forward to see her. 

You shouldn't be feeling this way, Harry.  You know better.

"Tell her I don't want to see her," I say unshakenly.   I move to sit up, my stiff muscles making it harder to move.  

"You're not even going to hear her out?" Officer Desiree asks, a hidden concern laced in her professional, neutral tone.

Since when do police officers care so much about a prisoner's personal business.

Ever since I came in here, she's always been watching me with a wary eye. And I don't blame her. She assumes I'm a cold-blooded killer.

What is she doing here anyway?

I thought she had decided to leave.

I quickly glance at my watch and see that there's only half an hour before her flight. That foolish girl.  Always arriving to places late.  Even though she's not with me anymore, she's still unknowingly capable of making me worry for her.

From the corner of my eye, the demanding deputy continues to stand in front of the bars of my cell with her hands on her hips, waiting for me to respond.

"No, please tell her to leave," I huff. "She's a flight to get on at noon. And I can't be the reason that she's late. I've done enough havoc in her life as it is."

My hands raised in the air as I spoke, hoping she would act faster. But the stout woman only stares at me with pitiful eyes which I do not like very much.

The composed woman nods guardedly and inhales a deep breath.

"Alright then."

As soon as she's gone, as soon as the sound of the door closing echoes through the short hall of empty cells, I let my whole body shut down again. My neck unlocks and the back of my head jostles against the cracked, uneven wall behind me. My sore arms limp at their sides as I close my heavy lids and for a long while, I sit there and think in a harsh silence.