48.

Songs I've been listening to:

What if - Safetysuit

"How did it turn out?" I ask, peeping over Harry's shoulder. He's so tall, tippy-toeing doesn't even help me catch a glimpse.

Harry doesn't reply so I move to stand in front of him. His eyes roam from the picture to me, a smile turning at his lips as our gazes meet. He looks pleasantly content so I'm taking that the pictures turned out okay. Photobooth photos aren't exactly my best looking photos.

"Thank you," he says, his composure like a smitten child.

"For what?"

"For letting me keep this." He waves the photo in his hand.

"Who said you get to keep it? Let me see them," I demand.

I reach over to snatch them away. Unfortunately, he anticipates my move so he dodges right before my fingers can touch them.

"Harry...Let me see them"

"Not until you say please," he chuckles, a smug grin on his lips.

"Please let me see them," I belch out quickly, too quickly for his tastes.

"Say it like you mean it, Bubble Wrap."

Oh god.

I had completely forgotten the nickname he has given me. Or rather the name I have entitled myself with when we first met. I can't believe he still remembers that.

"Harry!" A high-pitched voice sings a few feet away from our direction.

Both of our heads turn to the source. It takes me no more than a second to recognize the girl's face.

Alice. The girl in the photo in Harry's room.

She walks swiftly towards us, and Harry imprudently stuffs our photo into the back pocket of his black jeans.

Maybe he doesn't want her to see it or get the wrong idea, or misunderstand this.

What's there to misunderstand?

I don't want to think too much of it.

"Alice, how are you?" Harry's face lights up in glee and guilt as he reunites with his girl friend. He looks exuberant to see her, more so than her grandmother, or anyone we've ran into really.

"I'm doing well. And you?"

"Same as always. You don't look any different from the last time I saw you."

"Yeah? A lot has changed," she smiles widely at him. Too widely, it's almost suspicious. Like Harry sometimes. The resemblance of their Cheshire Cat grins are very uncanny.

She looks really pretty, even prettier in real life. Her blonde hair shines so naturally in the sunlight, and her eyes are so big, almost too big for her small face. Maybe it's the eyeliner she has on.

"Aren't you going to introduce me?" The girl, Alice, nudges Harry playfully in the arm with her elbow as she looks at me.

"Ah, Alice, this is Elaine, my girlfriend." I listen steadily to his tone for any uncertainty behind his choice of words but don't find any. Instead, I sense discomfort when he calls me that. Maybe because it's a flat out lie. "Elaine, this is Alice. She's a good friend of mine."

"We've been inseparable ever since we were kids," she proudly adds. "It's lovely to meet you, Elaine."

"You too." I shake her hand courteously.

"Harry almost never brings anybody back home. You must be the bee's knees." She glances over at Harry who wears a wry smile.

"Oh, I don't know about that," I say.