59.

Songs:

Til I Fall Asleep - Jayme Dee
Ed Sheeran - Photograph

Elaine's POV

As we prepare to sleep, I walk awkwardly towards the bed, finally letting the idea of sleeping on Harry Styles' humbly sized Queen bed sink in. The clean white sheets looks so inviting yet somehow I know that I won't be the least comfortable.

As I slip between the sheets, sitting in an upward position, I watch Harry pull out some blankets and a pillow from the closet. He smiles that crooked smile as he sees me watching him. I'm surprised that I'm not embarrassed that he caught me staring. He sets a rather thick blanket on the floor as a mattress, aligning it with the side of the bed. His eyes wander to me again, a subtle frown etching on his face.

"Are you not comfortable?" He asks, but I shake my head. "Then why are you looking at me like that?"

I shrug my shoulders. Honestly, I don't know why I'm being so nonverbal. I'm not usually like this. I have changed so much since I met Harry. And I'm hoping that that's a good thing.

He sirs on the edge of the bed, close enough to me so that his arm crosses over my waist. His face is only inches away and I refrain from looking at his lips, the littlest movement I make he will definitely notice.

"Are you feeling sick?"

I shake my head. His eyes narrow into mine, trying to read my thoughts and when they finally broaden, I know he's figured it out.

"You know I can't," he mumbles.

"Why not?" I ask, my tone almost whining.

"Because I can't." He moves his arm but I hold it back.

"We've done it before," I remind him. He purses his lips, and I'm slightly satisfied that I'm making him contemplate the decision to sleep with me. Not in that way though. I just want him near me, sleeping next to me.

"That was different," he argues. Underneath his opposition is a clear desire. A desire in which frightens and excites me at the same time.

"How was that different?"

"Because I didn't know how much I wanted you then."

My breath hitches in my throat at his reply. For some reason, I feel a thousand times warmer than I was two seconds ago. My cheeks, my hands, my toes. My entire soul. 

And it's not from being underneath the sheets or underneath my two layers of clothing.

"Please, I promise I won't try anything," I manage to say, a giggle escaping shortly after. His eyes remain serious, obviously not taking any interest in my joke.

"I sleep better when you're near me, Harry" I admit, biting my lip as he considers the idea of being in the same bed as me. "I'll feel safer."

"If that's true, I suppose I'll have to." He sighs, a sign of defeat. The little girl inside me jumps with joy as he innocently gives in, nodding. I scoot over to the other side so that he can take the left side of the bed. With a smile on my face, I throw the covers over my ear, smelling the familiar scent of Harry even from the sheets.

"You're gonna sleep that far away from me?" He asks. Is he offended by the distance I put between us? I'm barely two feet from him.

"I like sleeping on the right side of the bed," I answer, not moving to look at him.

"Well, so do I."

"But last time--"

"I was being nice last time," he says. He can't be seriously mad about this. "I guess we're both going to have sleep on the same side of the bed."