85.

Elaine's POV

Anxiety builds in my chest as we arrive at my apartment in Harry's car. From the corner of my eye, I see him look at me after he parks, and I fight the urge to return the gaze.

"Don't be nervous," He says in a low, soft tone.

I nod. I should be the one comforting him. He was the one being introduced to his daughter.

We are really going to do this. It's really happening. Charlotte was finally going to meet her biological dad. I don't even know how to go about it. I've thought about this almost every day since I found out I was pregnant. This was definitely not how I imagined it.

We step out of the car. Suddenly, he's at my side and I feel his fingers lace through mine, the gesture enough to make my heart skip a beat. He gently squeezes my hand before bringing it up to the side of his face. He sighs as he exposes my palm one finger at a time, laying it flat against his cheek.

"This doesn't change anything," he says with consoling eyes. "If that's what you're nervous about, my feelings changing, you don't have to worry. I want to be with you. Even if you have a child with someone else."

That's just it. It's not someone else. It's you.

For some reason, I couldn't tell him yet. 

We walk up the stairs hand in hand until we reach the door of the apartment.  We stand there for a moment until Harry finally decides to let go of my hand.

"Okay," he sighs, seeming disappointed.  "I guess I'll meet you there."

"Yeah," I smile.

Before he leaves, he slowly leans forward, pressing a gentle kiss on my cheek.  His green eyes light up as a smile creeps onto his lips.

"Bye."

"Don't tell me that," I say, holding onto the end of his jacket sleeve.  His playful grin from before vanishes, worriment filling his gaze. 

"What should I say?"

"I don't know. Just don't say that word. It feels as if you're leaving and you're not coming back."

I know I'm sounding like a child, but I hate saying goodbyes. Especially to him.

His arms wrap around me, easing me forward, the smell of his cologne still the same as six years ago. He sways me around slowly as his hand rubs my back to comfort me.

"I love you," he says, tightly squeezing me.

I close my eyes and sigh, loving that as a replacement.

"I love you too."

The first thing I notice when I enter the apartment is Chris' feet at the foot of the sofa. As I walk closer, I see that he's not alone. Charlotte is sleeping on the couch, her Lion King blanket all in disarray around her small body. They must have stayed out here since Charlotte has never slept alone before.

I wake up Chris and he moans on about some engine or something.

"Baby," I whisper, gently shaking Charlotte's arm so that she wakes up. Her pink lips press together as she blinks a few times.