17.

(Can't believe this is already chapter 17. Whoa. Lily Collins is who I imagine as Alexis but you can imagine whoever you like!)

"Hey guys!" Alexis shouts from where they are standing. My eyes remain fixed on the person next to her, my body completely in shock.

From the look on his face, I can tell he, too, is stunned at seeing me here. Maybe a little amused even.

Before they come over, the long, curly haired celebrity whispers something to her and takes off in another direction.

The red haired girl scampers across the room, through tables and chairs, exhilaration written all over her expression.

I don't know what to start with as I am flabbergasted at who I just saw.

"Hey, you two," Alexis says cheerfully as she slides her way on my side of the booth. Our shoulders slightly bump and she gives me a warm, apologetic smile.

Marco and I are speechless, waiting for an explanation as to why she's with Harry Styles.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner!" She squeals and I'm a little confused.

"Tell us what sooner?" I question.

"Well, to start off, my parents have connections with someone who has connections with someone who knows Harry's parents." They're already on a first name basis? "Apparently they all attended the same university and have been friends ever since," she explains.

"How long have you known?" Marco asks, finally speaking up.

"I've known for a while," she says with an apologetic smile. "I'm really sorry for keeping you two in the dark about this. I hope you understand that I couldn't reveal anything to anyone. He's only here for my birthday and I'm inviting only a few friends so he wanted me to introduce him, you know, to get to know you all better."

While she continues clarifying her connection with Harry Styles, I'm dumbstruck. The fact that she, Alexis, a friend of mine since high school, knows and is miraculously linked to Harry Styles is out of my grasp of comprehension.

"Well, this may come a surprise to you," Marco starts. "But we've already met."

"No way," the glowing birthday girl next to me slams her hands on the table. "When?"

Marco explains that we ran into each other in London, beginning with Niall's invitation to a party. His story is cut short when someone walks towards us.

It's the waitress who was getting our drinks. She places my glass of water beside me and gives Marco his drinks. She asks Alexis if she wants anything but she just smiles and shakes her head.

Now it makes more sense why he ordered a raspberry tea. It was for Alexis. I forgot she has an obsession with tea.

"How weird," Alexis states as she runs her fingers through her dark maroon hair. "I even told him your names, but he didn't say a thing about you. I mean how many Marco's and Elaine's are paired together. He must have forgotten but, it's like, what are the chances of that even happening?"

"Of what happening?" The deep voice causes me eyes to dart to the source. He's hovered over our shoulders and walks gracefully over to Marco's side. My best friend scoots in his seat before they both share a friendly hand shake.

"We were just talking about you," Alexis confesses and I find my cheeks warming like a furnace.

"What about me?" He asks with a curious expression.

"You didn't tell me that you already met Marco and Elaine in London," Alexis says to her supposably male friend, of many years, I'm assuming.

For a second, our eyes meet from across the table and this time, I'm the one who looks away first. I don't know what it is that's causing me to be so flustered and aloof. The thoughts in my head are racing along with Alexis' words.