14.

Liana Liberato as Elaine Woods! She looks so intense in this picture. Lol.

Sunday.

A day in which some families sit in a building called a church and expect ... some sort of salvation in return. Even though that's not the full truth, maybe even far from it, it's basically what it is.

I've never been one to go to church. My mother only goes because she's married to Mr. White. She and I never attended church before she met him.

My mother and her husband come down from the stairs in laughs but before they officially leave, my mother turns to me. She whispers something I can't make out to him, and he exits through the door. I try to ignore her from my peripheral vision, keeping my eyes forward on the television screen.

"Elaine, sweetie?"

But I can't simply ignore my own mother. Even after the things she had said to me the other night. Turning my head to face her, I raise my brows and await her comments.

"I would like for you to join us in church. Pastor Kline has been asking why you've not been attending and I can't make any more excuses --"

"You know how I feel about going," I try to say lightly and politely. "If you don't want to make anymore excuses, then don't. Tell her I refuse to go."

Her expression is filling with disappointment and I don't even feel a little guilty. Should I feel guilty?

It's just ... Church isn't my thing. It's not something I'm interested in so why would I waste any time on it.

The lady in the cream dress (which she probably bought hundreds of dollars for) draws out a breath, and tells me that she 'respects' my decision. Once they, including Quinn, who is always in the enthusiastic mood to join them, are out the door and out of sight, I decide to do as I always do on a Sunday morning during their absence--I go bike riding.

Yes, that's right. I don't have a car, but I do have a bike.

It's a three year old, pastel yellow Schwinn with a brown weaved basket on the front. Pastel yellow is the only shade of yellow that's acceptable. I decided to spruce her up a bit with more color by adding a light purple spray to the tires.

She is quite the looker. Three years and still going strong. Probably one of the longest and strongest relationships I have besides Marco. And my mother, I suppose.

Biking is one of my few favorite pastimes. It allows me peace, comfort, and a not too intensive workout for my legs which I do not mind adding in part of my day.

...

I throw on my favorite black leather jacket over a black T-shirt and slip on some dark blue skinny jeans. Then I head out back to the garage to retrieve my bicycle in the most excited way. I haven't been this excited .. well, maybe since meeting Niall on the golf course in London.

As I get to the half mile mark of the trail, I have yet to see anybody running or jogging or taking their morning walk. Usually there would be people around this time and then we'd wave and greet each other hello.

For the most part, Green Bay is a friendly town.

No more than a few minutes after my realization, I see somebody off in the distance, jogging on the opposite side. I mentally prepare my smile and practice my hello in my head. But as we draw closer to one another, there's something about the jogger that ignites a curiosity in me.

He looks awfully familiar.

Before my own mind can register who he is, my insides are certain who it is. I refuse to accept it.