49.

Harry's POV

*flashback*

"Bubble Wrap?" I instinctively blurt out as soon as I see who's behind the door. He had informed me that he met some golfers the other day. But I didn't expect one of them to be a girl. I especially didn't expect it to see her again. 

Her choice of clothing, the leather jacket and the ripped black skinny jeans, is quite casual for an event like this, but I'm not bothered. Rather, I'm amused. It's been a long time since I felt this way so easily.

"Bubble Wrap?" The man in the purple sweater vest speaks. I shouldn't have called her that in front of her -- boyfriend?

"Long story," Bubble Wrap chimes in, dismissing her -- partner's confusion.

"I'm Harry," I say to him. I learn that his name is Marco, and I decide to pick some fun at his girl friend. "A great example of an introduction. Understand the mechanics of it now, Bubble Wrap?"

Her eyes narrow at me and I can't help but smile gleefully. She opens her mouth to fire back something, but once Niall appears from behind me, her eyes turn all innocent and big at the sight of him.

She has something for my mate, does she?

Does that mean she's not with him?

"Come in, come in!" Niall warmly invites them in. "I'm so glad you both came." My chum pulls her in for a hug, and I'm surprised at how close they already are in such a short amount of time. 

"She wouldn't stop talking about it," Marco utters and she glares at him as if he's confessed something that would insinuate World War III. She clearly doesn't want Niall to know how excited she must be.

"Well, I am just a tad bit excited that Niall Horan invited me to a party. Can't blame a girl for that."

"I won't hold it against you, Elaine," Niall says.

So her name is Elaine. Pretty.

Doesn't really suit her though. It seems too elegant for a bold girl like her.

"It's not really a party though. Just a few golf friends. But to be honest, if I invited myself to a social gathering, I wouldn't be that excited," he chuckles and one can tell that though she doesn't understand his joke, she laughs anyway. Niall escorts Marco to the other room to introduce him to the others, leaving me alone with his lady friend.

Just from a glance, I can tell how uncomfortable she really is. Her hands are crossed against her chest, her lips are pressed together as she observes the grand foyer. Either she's too captivated by it or she's intentionally ignoring my presence.

She's a strange one. Usually when someone is around me, considering who I am, they'll be conversing with me by now, overwhelming me with questions and such. But she continues to ignore me. Which, oddly, agitates me.

"So...Elaine."

She turns her head at the command of my voice. Our gaze locks in an instant and I almost lose my breath at how bewitching her blue eyes are. Her large blue eyes widen in astonishment, and I realize how shocked she must be to see my face so magnified. I back away slightly but stay close enough to keep her attention.

"That's a cute name," I say, a grin pulling at my lips. She flushes at my words, and blinks out of her stunned stupor. "Although, in all honesty, you don't look like an Elaine. It's a bit .. elegant. You look more like -- like an Ellie."

Ellie is definitely more suitable.

"I'd rather be called Bubble Wrap," she remarks callously. Why do I get the feeling she's been called Ellie before?