62.

Good For You - Selena Gomez

Elaine's POV

Two days.

I'm leaving in two days.

This has all felt like a dream. Nothing but a sweet dream from my nightmare of a life.

"I have something I want to tell you, Elaine," Harry says after we finish watching The Lion King for the third time tonight.

"Tell me something."

Concern is etched across his face, his brows lowered as he watches me. My heart flutters in my chest from his mere stare, the warmth in my cheeks rising a few degrees. I'd almost forgotten how uneasy he makes me just by looking at me.

Was it about his dad? Has he heard from him?

"Who do you think our child would look like more, you or me?"

Our child?

"Harry!" I yelp, lightly slapping his arm. "I thought you were going to tell me something serious."

"This is serious! Do you think our child would look hairy?" He laughs and I gape at him. Unable to hold back my own chuckles, I swat him against the shoulder this time. He pretends as if I've hurt him a million times harder. "Don't you think about these things?"

I shake my head. The thought of having a child never appealed to me. Not even when I was young and everyone was already picking names for the four or five children they dreamed of having. As for me, having children was out of the question. I didn't even want to love, how could I possibly have children when I didn't even want that?

Can Harry really thinking about these things?

"I think about it all the time," he confesses, answering the question in my head.

Why does that surprise me so much?

Harry's a hopeless romantic. It would only make sense for him to have thoughts like this.

"I don't like to think about the future," I admit quietly, pulling my legs into my chest. We were sitting on the couch underneath one blanket, just watching The Lion King. I don't remember the conversation turning so deep.

"Why?"

"Because it all ends the same way. We all have the same fate."

"I thought you didn't believe in fate."

"I don't," I insist. "But that one .. It's bound to come. It's going to happen to all of us. Doesn't matter how we go. We'll all be gone someday."

"No," Harry simply says. I watch him with furrowed brows, hoping he would continue to explain. "We all live. In our children. And in our children's children. They're our legacy. They'll keep us alive."

From Harry's perspective, maybe I'm wrong. Maybe Harry's right. Maybe it's not such a bad thing to have children.

Does Harry even realize what he's doing to me?

So much about me has changed simply by spending more and more time with Harry, by caring and worrying about Harry, by loving and being in love with Harry.

Is it possible that loving Harry could have changed my outlook on having children?

"You've never really thought about having children?" Harry asks, reaching over to take my hand, brushing his thumb lightly across the back of my hand. I shake my head, my eyes falling to our hands. "Would you run off if I told you that I already have a few names picked out?"