33.

Thanks for the 15K+ reads! (: <3

Songs:

Falling Fast - Avril Lavigne

The Only Exception - Paramore

My eyes give me away? Is it that easy to see right through me?

One thing I can't control is my emotions.  I can't control my emotions, but I can control my actions. Sometimes.  If my emotions aren't so hormonally based ...

I want to look away but I can't. I'm too seduced by his sudden words.

"I'll be right back," he says, setting my hand free.

"Where are you going?" Trying not sound too desperate though it may have came off that way.

"Wait here for me," he instructs as he spins around to the door, opens it and leaves without a look back.

Where else would I wait?

A dim sliver of sunlight breaks through the curtains, lowly illuminating the room. I take in a long, seldom breath as I roll to my side, letting my eyes drift open as Harry's words automatically replay in my head.

"I'm not going anywhere...I will never abandon you."

My heart leaps as I recall the moment clearly - the way his eyes looked so honest, the way his tone held so much clemency. I've never been so affected by words before.

Not even with Kai.

On one hand, I feel as if I'm on the clouds, weightless, and content. Knowing that someone like Harry Styles has developed feelings for me and I him, it's too good to be true. I can't be any more lucky to have someone return genuine feelings for me.

Is this my luck? Or was this something that happened for a reason?

I'll never know.

However, I can't ignore this small, gnawing part inside, that's reprimanding me, warning me that I shouldn't let it go any further. That I should turn around and not pursue him because if I do, the circumstances and the consequences of us will outweigh the good.

I know I told myself countless times that I was the last person on this formidable world to fall in love. That it was useless and that I would only end up being hurt.

But this isn't love, right?

It's not, yet anyway, my subconscious adds.

This small part of me, however, quickly vanishes as I see him sleeping soundlessly on the couch.

When did he get back?

I was too exhausted waiting for him so I must've eventually succumbed to sleep.

Shifting the duvet off of me, I carefully maneuver off the bed over to his side. He's still wearing the same clothes he wore last night. His arms are wrapped around his pillow as if he's holding someone tightly into his embrace, his chest slowly heaving up and down at his dragged breaths. His lips are in a subtle frown, his unusually peaceful expression causing a chuckle to catch in my throat.

Grabbing the edges of the the white sheet by his waist, I pull it over up to his shoulders. As I bend to my knees, I admire the tranquility in his expression. Strangely, it eases every worry I seem to have. Every doubt seems to disappear just by looking at this certain man's face - his sharp features, the subtle wrinkle lines from his constant smiling.

My hand unconsciously reaches out, my fingers nimbly hovering over his forehead as they brush away a loose strand of curly hair out of his face. I don't realize I've been holding in my breath for the past few seconds til I finally let it out when my hand retreats.