36.

***There will be a change in POV after a few paragraphs. (:

Holding on and Letting Go - Ross Copperman

Shattered - Trading Yesterday (most of their songs are sooooo good)

Ghost of You - Selena Gomez

***Elaine's POV***

Silent. The room is silent as I pack the rest of my clothes into my suitcase. My mind is silent as I go through the motions of the day, showering, getting dressed, brushing my teeth. Everything is silent.

I sit at the floor while facing the glass doors, keeping my gaze frozen out across the balcony, trying to find any kind of relaxation of the pitter-patter of the showering rain outside. But the bitterness taste of regret plagues inside me, every inch of my body shivering with disgust and embarrassment.

On my palm, his number still exists there in a blurry etch. It's not hard to decipher the numbers, but I fight myself from unconsciously memorizing the number.

I don't need to know his number. Sadly, it is probably the only thing I have learned about him during this whole rendezvous.

He didn't tell me a thing about himself and maybe he did it with a purpose.

He didn't want me to know a thing because he knew he was going to leave. He didn't want me to know a thing because he knew this wasn't going to be a long-term thing. He knew it all along.

He had me all figured out from the very beginning. He deceived me so well with his smooth words, his suave, charming attitude.

Every look, every touch, every single word was a lie. It was nothing but a sick game to him.

I knew I let him in too easily. I knew that this was too good to be true. I knew I should have never opened up to him.

He took what he wanted from me and left.

He's not the gentleman I praised him to be.

He's just like the rest of them.

No.

He's way worse. Worse than the devil himself. Worse than any mass murderer known to man. At least they kill their subjects so they don't have to feel any pain afterwards.

All he wanted was my virtue. Though I didn't have much left but a pitiful sliver, he took it with him.

Pushing myself up from the ground, I storm into the bathroom. My untainted hand grips the hot water knob, quickly turning it as I throw my hand with the smeared ink under the scorching water.

Frustration sears through me as I rub away the blurry numbers, my hands shaking with retaliation, anger, sorrow as I let go of the last memoir I had of Harry. The temperature of the water doesn't inflict any pain, only a redness tint of my skin. The pain is so menial compared to where it really hurts.

***Harry's POV***

The flight attendant gives me an odd look as she asks me if I want anything to eat or drink. Though I haven't eaten yet, I don't have any appetite. She leaves with a concerned frown as I look outside my window, the clouds swarming past me as the plane brings me closer to home.

I place my hand over my mouth, rubbing down on my chin to relieve some of the tension built up in my chest, in my head. But it doesn't work. Nothing works.

Damn.

I knew I should have stayed with her.

I wanted to see her face when she woke up. I wanted nothing but to wrap my arms around her, and hold her tight to me and never let her go. I wanted to look in those lonely eyes of hers and tell her that I was never going to abandon her like the rest of them. But I couldn't.

After the course of events last night, I found the thing I've been dreaming about all my life. The thing that I've been searching for so long now. The thing I thought I would never be able to find because of my limiting circumstances.

It wouldn't hurt to tell her anything, right?

I know she would never tell a soul. I know she's not the type to start rumors. I know I can trust her.

It wouldn't hurt if I went to see her. God, I want to see her.

I don't know if I can tell her. But I don't know whether I can keep any more secrets from Elaine either.

Management strictly told me to leave without informing anyone. If I did, my solo career would be on the chopping block.

Ugh, fuck the solo act.

I would give up the fucking world for that girl. The decision seems rash and impulsive but that's how I'm feeling. I'm feeling .. something I've never felt.

And it's bad enough that I left her without any forewarning. That I left her after the night we ...

Fuck!

What were you thinking, Harry?

How can you leave her so carelessly after what happened?

Never for a moment did I think I was leaving her like her ex boyfriend did. History is repeating itself, and now I'm the bad guy. I'm the one who left without an explanation.

I can't let her form that opinion of me. I don't want to be that guy in her eyes. I am not the guy who 'screws' you and then suddenly leaves and forgets about you. I am not that type of guy. I am nothing like him. And I do not especially try to intimidate women with force.

I have to see her. I've got to tell her. Even though I can't tell her the full truth, she still deserves to know why I suddenly left. I need to clear my actions. I need her to know that last night is something I don't want to forget. A moment I'll never forget.

A/n: I know this is a really short chapter (I wouldn't even consider it a chapter) but I just wanted to establish both of their thoughts. I didn't want to add Elaine's POV again because I don't really like switching back and forth, writing and reading wise. Anyway if you read this, type 'I love to eat potato cakes with Harry Styles' in the comments.

Let me know if you like reading longer or shorter chapters. I usually like shorter, more frequent updates than long, less frequent updates.

Love you! Please vote and comment! I just saw a clip that inspired a later scene too. Excited!!

Oh and Merry Christmas (: