36- Recovery

Alex P.O.V

"Yea no shit" Gomez says in agreement then he squints with a lot of confusion "Who would do something like this and why?".

Those were very important questions.

"Keila obviously knows more. Once she's awake, she'll tell me". I let out a exasperated sigh, raking my hands furiously through my hair "God, this is my fault".

"Why would you say that?".

"I should have gone with her!" I nearly yell. Frustration and anger building strongly and rapidly in me.

Gomez groans "Dude! You cannot blame yourself for anything! Keila's not a kid, it's not the first time she's going back to your place. You are not fucking Doctor Strange".

I would have smiled. If the guilt wasn't eating deeply at me. The thought of someone hurting her was sending chaotic rockets blasting in my head. I couldn't help the way I was feeling.

"She was with me. I just told her to go home" my voice levels down to a realizing whisper "you know. I don't know how bad her condition is. What if...what if I-".

Gomez grips my arms tightly "You have to stop thinking like that okay? The good thing is, thanks to you, she's up there. It probably isn't even a major problem".

A bestfriend who could make great and convincing logic, that you could be fighting to ignore, was just what I needed. Luckily, I had one.

A loud and long exhale, levels my beating heart and slowly pours in a little sanity.

"Thanks Gomez".

He grins "Today is the first day I hear a thank you from you more than once".

This time I chuckle "It's not like you do me much favours".

He keeps that grin on his face "Fair enough" his grin turns to a serious frown "So how did you find her?".

I try not to get angry while talking about it "I was on my way home from the meeting we had, then I saw her car, just parked there and then her, at the front, unconcious" another exasperated breath "I don't even want to think about it".

Gomez shakes his head in disbelief "People do have guts" he watches me "you like her".

I know what he's thinking. There's a spot there for Keila and he feels me slipping away from June. I don't even know how to come to a conclusion.

A brief nod "She's great".

I see him struggling to keep the rest of his questions to himself.

Have to check up on Keila anyway.

"Come on. Let's check up on her" I say to Gomez "there should be a little feedback".

**

It's hard to hide your face from thousands of people who are itching to meet you if they realized your presence. It got really hard at a part, especially because they could take news about you and make it a whole totally different story.

A story about you that you're oblivous to.

But we make it past everyone.

Gomez and I head to Mr Colin's office to find him stepping out.

"Alex" he says with a smile "was wondering when you'd come up".

"Hi Colin" Gomez greets and Colin flashes a nice grin.

"Nice to see you again Gomez" with his attention back on me, he continues "It's nothing to be worried about. It was a minor head injury, just done to knock her out, but nothing serious" he nods over to a room "infact she's awake. She asked after you".