10-The beginning(edited September 16)

Friday 6:40pm

"You guys should probably head home" I say, my eyes swimming from Eiko to Levi then Chris.

"Come on Keila, let's hang a little, it's not nice to chase us out of your house" Eiko says with a wide grin.

So 10 minutes from now, I hear a knock on my door and well I think it's Alex, even if it's a bit early and once I open the door, Eiko pushes past me, followed by the two men and now I'm stuck with them.

I look at Levi.

He holds his hands up "Don't look at me, she made us swear to not leave until we see Alex" he squints "How'd I even fall for this? This chick is crazy".

I look at Chris.

He diverts his eyes "Eiko, she's giving me the stare".

I roll my eyes "Eiko quit this, you're going to make me make a mess".

She frowns "What does that mean?".

"I'll be making a mess, yes, it's really rude to disobey, he particulary said, no guests".

She quirks a brow "So it's my fault now?".

I take in a breath and release it slowly "No it's mine, if I didn't tell you, you'd be at home, doing yoga or something" .

She throws her hand up "Alright! I know you're guilt tripping me and it worked".

I smirk "I learnt from a junior professional".

Just as she begins to stand there's a knock on the door.

The room goes silent as I google from the door to my friends on the couch.

"Shit! He's here already?" Eiko whispers.

I shoot out the sofa and head for the door, I unbolt it and swing the door open but it's not Alex and it's not someone I know either.

He's a young man, probably younger than me from the looks of it. He's wearing a face cap and a black T-shirt over jeans. What's with face caps?

His eyes sails past me as he accesses my living room, really creepy and rude.

"Excuse me? Who are you?" I ask, my nose scrunched up in distatse.

He doesn't look at me or answer me immediately but when he does he breaks into a forced smile "Miss Manchester, I came to drop off some copies of the papers for your marriage" he strecthes some papers to me and lowers his voice"Mr Hunter will be with you soon" a glance behind me again "I'm sure he dissaproved guests. Have a nice evening".

I take the papers from him and he turns to leave, shutting the door I stare at the papers in my hand, this is real, as real as anything right now.

Eiko chuckles "You are really doing this, I can't believe it".

I bite down on my lips. I can't believe it either.

                                                              10:00pm

I pace around my living room reading the papers for the third time, it's just court gibberish but well it wouldn't kill me to be sure what I'm signing up for, though, it's not like Alex would do anything cunny. Lucky for me, I'm not in pjs, I'm in a yellow blouse worn over black skinny jeans, more presentable.

Six months! Oh Lord six months!

Staring up from the paper, it hits me, what if I actually fall for him and he doesn't? Break ups are hard for me! Reason I've just been on my own since high school. It's a long journey to feeling great without that person.

I snap my head towards the direction of my door as I hear three light knocks on my door and I know exactly who I'm going to see behind that door. He's going to look so edible!

Deep breaths Keila. I walk to the door, unbolt it and open it. I suck in the sight of him, in a suit, again. Can someone's hair be that black and neat and well combed?

He's not alone, he's with a middle aged man, this one has a briefcase and he's wearing a coat. Is it cold outside?

"Good Evening" I greet them as they walk in, that colonge again! I want to smell it forever.

I close the door as they settle into the sofa.

Alex clears his throat "Good Evening Keila" he gestures towards the man beside him as I settle into the opposite sofa "This is Mr Charlie Burdock, he'll be in charge of the proceedings. I couldn't bring you to court, so I brought him rather".

I nod.

"So" he continues "You got the papers" his eyes darts for the content in my hands "have you gone through them?".

Another nod "Yes Mr Hunter, it's all good".

Alex looks at Charlie signaling him to take over.

He clears his throat "Miss Manchester,  anything you don't feel alright with? From what you've read and discussed?".

I shake my head "None. I'm very okay with everything".

"Just for clarity. Six months. Termination and pay. After that you will cause no trouble for Mr Hunter and during your - courting, you promise to keep your relationship highly secret".

I glance at Alex who is watching me closely. I am ready for this. "Yes, I promise, instructions gotten and understood".

He places his briefcase on his thighs and pops it open. The room is getting hotter, my heart is beating faster, my mind travelling. How did my life get so complicated.

Mr Burdock picks up a paper and a shiny golden pen, he looks up at me "Can you change your sitting position?".

"Oh" I take the sofa beside Mr Burdock as he takes the paper copies from me and hands me a neat paper, the shiny golden pen on top. "Sign here" he taps a blank underlined space.

I wet my lower lip then ask quietly "Can I read it?".

He smiles "Of course".

Okay. I'm scoring at wise decision. I stare at the dark bold font and soon realise it's just a rewrite of all the instructions stated to me. My eyes skim the writings and stop at the space, where I sign a life with Alex Hunter.

Here goes.

I sign. Handing the paper and pen back to Mr Burdock who passes it to Alex. I watch Alex take it, his brows creasing as he signs. So professional.

Well, here we are, finally courting.

Mr Burdock takes the pen and paper, places it in his briefcase and shuts it with a click.

"Alright then" he rises and Alex does so too, so do I "some other time Miss Manchester".

Am I still a miss?

He strides towards the door, Alex behind him and me behind Alex, as they step out Alex turns to me "Are you okay moving in tomorrow? I'll be extremely occupied from Monday and I'll probably only contact you on Friday".

"Of course. I don't have a problem". I want to scream from excitment, I mean that's the cause of this bubbling in my belly.

"Tomorrow at ten then. Goodnight Keila".

"Goodnight Mr Hunter" I reply as he walks away, the car is already waiting for him as Mr Burdock reached there ages ago.

I shut the door, locking it and leaning with my back against the door. Tomorrow? The wild ride starts tomorrow?

Steady Keila, or you'll fall before you begin.

                                       &

It's starting guys! Please don't forget to vote(tap that star), comment too, tell me how you're feeling about the book so far and share. Tell your friend to check it out. Thanks a lot guys.