30-Weird

Saturday 9:55am

I stir awake. My eyes adjusting to take in my surrounding and in that moment it hits me what happened yesterday between Alex and I.

Speaking of Alex.

I turn to the other side to see him sitting with his back to me. From the looks of it with his head hung and his body rigid, he was so deep in thought.

I hug the duvet to my naked body, guilt washing over me, guilt and regret. Maybe I was wrong, maybe I regret it because now it's dawning on him and me how wrong what we did was. Though honestly, if he wasn't looking the way he was, I wouldn't regret.

He turns a little to look at me when I sit up, some of his hair falling over his eyes. He looked morning sexy.

"Hey" he says softly.

"Hey" I say quietly and I wet my lower lip.

He turns fully on the bed and watches me a little. I don't know if he wants to say something but doesn't know how too or if he just wants to take in the sight of me.

When he sighs weakly my heart shatters. Maybe he doesn't know how to say it.

"You're feeling awful for cheating on June, right?" I ask straight up.

Another sigh "Yes. I am".

I swallow a little as my eyes drops from him to the duvet. He has every right to feel that way for the lady he loves. I just wish he spared me the little courtsey. I guess I was just...hoping.

"I'm sorry Alex".

"No Keila" he reaches a hand to mine and grips it lightly. Even in this situation I can feel the warmness from his hand against mine.

Yet another sigh "I just, I never expected it" when I look back at him he continues "and I don't want you feeling burdened about it. It's my problem, not yours".

My brows crease worriedly. I doubt I care about June, I really doubt it. I just hoped he'd wake up and we'd be amazing. I didn't want the aftermath like this.

"I got caught up in the moment" I start saying, memories of last night's delicacy flooding my mind. Shutting my eyes briefly and discarding the thoughts, I continue "I should have thought of June".

His gaze scrutinizes me and then he slowly shakes his head "Don't feel that way, you shouldn't".

I gaze at him for a second or two then ask "How do you feel about it?".

He groans and pulls his hand away, taking his normal position of sitting with his back to me. He buries his face in his palms and says nothing.

There was something in my chest that dropped, it felt hollow and incomplete. It felt empty. Maybe because of the pain or the fact that I needed to be clarified.

"Just be honest Alex, I just need to know, for my sanity".

"I don't know" he replies quickly "I should feel terrible" a pause "but I don't know".

That's a good thing. Right?

He lazily pushes himself off the bed and looks at me "I'm going to the study. Okay? I don't want this eating you up" he forces a smile before walking out the door.

I feel upset and sad and broken and distraught all at once. We were on top of the roof last night and now we are dropping. Badly. He's trying to hide it but I can clearly see how unhappy he is.

Throwing the duvet away from my body I stomp naked into the bathroom. I need a shower, then I need a friend.

**

"I feel so awful" I say with my cheek against Donald chest and my arms loosely around his waist.

"Aw come on" he says against my hair, one hand wrapping my waist and the other gives me a little bump on my other cheek "don't feel bad. Besides he says it's cool".

I lift my head my face turned up to his "You should have seen him when he said it, it was so...unreal"

A smirk lines his lips "After a night of pleasure comes realization" I groan and he adds "It's nothing to stress about. He feels like he's betrayed her trust. It's a normal feeling".

"I know" I reply with another groan dropping my head and guming my face to his chest again "wish it wasn't like that anyway".

He uses his free hand to ruffle my hair "You guys will work it out, okay?".

I sigh "Donnie. Don't mess up my hair and" a quick shrug then "what if he locks me out again?".

Donald chuckles, the sound rumbling through his chest and vibrating in my ear "Hold up Kei. What exactly is bothering you? I'm starting to feel you're not bothered about the girlfriend".

I grin against his chest "What if you are right?".

He laughs then puches my cheek lightly but more powerful than the last "Awful. So awful".

Pulling away from him I point at him, my grin never leaving my face "You've punched me and messed my hair. It's my turn to get back at you".

He cranks his neck to the side "And how do you wish to accomoplish that?".

I start to pull my hair up in a messy ponytail "It's been awful long since we had our brawl. What do you say?".

He sits up " You are so on".

I chuckle "Please let me win".

**

Later that night I'm back at Alex place, I hold the door handle and give the door a slight push, striding in and locking the door behind me.

Wonder what Alex is doing? I wonder if we'll be okay again? I don't want to loose the Alex I've known for a few weeks. I wish I could go back, I wouldn't do it if it stopped our flow.

Something smells great! My stomach rumbles as the amazing scent hits me. Thankfully I'm not to distressed to not want to eat. Especially eating something delicious.

I trot towards the dining and stop short when I see who walks out of the kitchen.

"Alex?".

He looks up at me and smiles. A genuine one. The table was set and he wore an apron and had a glass bowl in his hand that he was taking to the table. He looked silly and still very attractive. Note to self: Never see Alex in an apron again.

I google at him, dazed and struck speechless. I watch him place the bowl on the table before he paid me full attention. Some strands of hair falling right in the middle of his forehead.

He clears his throat "So how are you feeling?".

My eyes darts from him to the table to the kitchen then back to him. I blink severally "I honestly don't know".

He grins. It's a beautiful sight and it melts my heart and warms my inside.

"I know" he says then pulls off the apron "Look Keila" he starts as his expression goes soft "I don't want us to feel like what happened between us caused a....rift".

I'm so happy right now. I blush. I blush all over.

"and maybe I didn't do a good job of brushing things this morning, but, I like us as we are. So" he gestures to the table "I made us dinner".

I don't know what part I love more. Maybe all of it. Maybe it's the hint that he cares about me enough to go through the trouble.

"Will you have dinner with me?" Alex asks me with a smirk that rockets an emotion through me.

I take in his sight for some seconds then grin widely "You didn't even have to ask".

                                        &