8-Decision(edited September 16)

Saturday 1:10pm

"You will not accept that offer" Mum says looking at me pointedly.

"Mum-"

"-Can you even hear yourself? You actually considered it".

I lean with my back against the slab and watch my mum try to make mashed potatoes and try to contain her rage.

So, dropping the news the way I did didn't go well, or maybe dropping it at all, didn't go well.

"Of course I'm considering it".

"You have to be joking Keila Manchester" her voice taking an ugly tone and her eyes simmering in anger. "You're supposed to have a befitting marriage to someone you love and loves you back. Not business!".

I shrug "In a way, I'm not really married, it's going to be on a low, I come out and have my normal life and get a real husband".

She points at me, knife in her hand "You like that man".

"Well, yes, I do, but that doesn't matter, it'll be over in six months or less".

She frowns "Keila-".

"Ummmm Mum" Vanellope pops her head through the kitchen door and our attention diverts to her.

"Yes honey" Mum says with a forced smile, she really is tensed up.

"I'm going to get April's math assignment, be right back, you guys can continue whatever you were doing".

"We were talking" I glance at mum.

"Yelling" Vanellope says.

I stare for a second or two "Yelling" I agree "Now go get that assignment".

We wait for the sound of the door shutting and then Mum drops the knife calmly her eyes fixed on her potatoes "You cannot seriously want such a thing, can you Keila?".

I cross my arms over my belly "I do".

She releases a long breath.

"On the very bright side, I could learn a lot in six months. Like he said, win-win situation".

Mum is silent for close to a minute "I don't know what you're thinking but I still don't agree. If that's what you want". She picks her knife and gets back to work.

I don't know but this isn't the way I pictured this whole girls time going. It's just going to be worse if I stick around, I'm not ready for cold stares.

"I'm out. See you later "

She mumbles a "sure".

I walk out the Kitchen and head for the door, just as I open it and step out, I see Vanellope coming back. I really hoped to avoid an interrogation.

"Where are you going?" She asks as she walks over.

"Well um, I have to finish up some work". I gently punch her arm "will come back if I finish on time".

Vanellope watches me, she has to know what's going on, but if she knew or not she didn't say. With a shrug she says "that's all we ever hear, come back when you can" she walks past me and goes inside.

I walk to my car. Atleast I told Mum, I don't know why it's a big deal to her but I'm not scratching Alex off my mind. I had four more people to tell.

**

"Tell us already!". Eiko screeches through the screen.

As soon as I got home, I got my laptop and went on skype. Long story short! Here we are now, watching each other through a screen.