Epilogue

Epilogue

Oceanna's POV

*Two Months Later*

I smiled at myself in the mirror, smoothing out my scrubs. Today was my first day at my new job as an ER nurse at the UC San Diego medical center. Today was also Midnight's first day of work. We got a new apartment at a different complex in San Diego, closer to our jobs. While my parents hated the idea of me moving to San Diego permanently, I was too in love with the city to leave. 

I walked out to the kitchen where Midnight was making breakfast.

"Breakfast is served!" She announced, placing a plate of eggs and bacon on the breakfast bar.

"Thank you! You didn't have to do that." I said as I sat on the barstool, beginning to eat.

"It was no problem, I was already making breakfast for myself." She said, leaning against the counter and popping a piece of bacon into her mouth.

"You look so professional and grown up Midnight." I snickered. She was wearing a blouse and a pencil skirt with heels.

"So do you." She said.

"I'm basically wearing pajamas." I laughed.

"I wish!" She groaned. "These heels are already killing me!" She exclaimed, tapping her heel on the tile floor a few times.

"Yeah, I'll keep my comfy Nikes." I laughed, finishing breakfast. "Alright, I should get going. Can't be late on the first day." I said, dumping my plate into the sink and grabbing my car keys. I waved goodbye to her and left the apartment. 

I pulled into the hospital parking lot and took one final look at myself in the rearview mirror, smoothing out the bumps in my ponytail.

"Let's do this." I smiled, shutting off the car.

**************************************************************************

And that's it! Again, the sequel will be out tomorrow! I'll post a link in the comments when it's up! Hope you guys enjoyed this story!